Thread: ball joint help?

ball joint help?

im looking at balljoints online at a local parts store. when i search i get two part numbers for my truck. i dont see the difference and both are the same price. so which do i order? for the lowers i get FA921 and FA3000. so which ones?

sorry i listed the wrong number instead of the FA3000 its the 10277

What's your truck?

FA 921 and 10277 are the same part. The 10277 is a TRW alternate part number.
    Last edited by wagonmaster; 09-16-2012 at 01:31 PM.

i drive an 87 s10 blazer 2wd. thank you or the explaination. im about to try and tackle 2" spindles and was going to replace the balljoints while i had it apart.

Good idea to do that while it's apart, save you alot of hassle later. Have fun with the rivets....I used a grinder and a BFH on mine. Just remember to chain the spring so it can't fly out and kill you. Support the bottom arm really well. Or, just remove everything, replace the bushings while you're at it, and have the machine shop install it all for you. You're going to need an alignment any way after you replace all that stuff. Might as well do it all. Bushings are cheap....

thanx for the advise. the front is bagged so no spring to worry about up there. i figure i can grind the rivets and punch them out like u said. are the bottom ball joints as much fun as im thinking? this will be my first time doing them, as was most everything iv done so far lol. im new to most of this but not general mechanics so it hasnt been to bad. these forums have really helped along the way-

I don't recall it being all that bad...I did have access to a press at the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore View Post
    are the bottom ball joints as much fun as im thinking? this will be my first time doing them, as was most everything iv done so far lol. im new to most of this but not general mechanics so it hasnt been to bad. these forums have really helped along the way-
    its not too bad but more not as easy as uppers. just rent a ball joint press from autozone. use the tool to remove and install.dont try to hit them out with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore View Post
    are the bottom ball joints as much fun as im thinking? this will be my first time doing them, as was most everything iv done so far lol. im new to most of this but not general mechanics so it hasnt been to bad. these forums have really helped along the way-
    its not too bad but not as easy as uppers. just rent a ball joint press from autozone. use the tool to remove and install.dont try to hit them out with a hammer.