Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I trade or no

Registered User alterednitemare's Avatar

Should I trade or no

I have a 97 s10 blazer that I'm currently working on trying to bag it. My uncle knows someone who wants to trade me their 96 s10 for my blazer. The catch is the tranny might be bad or it has a spun bearing while my blazer runs great

Nope, I don't see were you benefit from the trade???? You'll an older one (by 1 year I know), possible bad tranny, yours runs great. Why the hell would you even ask??????
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Haha!
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Bagging the rear of the blazer is going to be a bitch to do. Personally I want to keep my blazer but my dad says it cost too much and takes too much time to bag the rear of the blazer

well if time and money are the concern how much time and money is it gonna cost to repair and make the s10 as reliable as your blazer is now... you'll prolly ended up spending more repairing the s10 plus the cost of bagging it...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Ya is it that pain in the assignment to baggage the rear

not really much different than a p/u unless your trying to keep the back seat... then it can be kinda challenging
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

I would keep the blazer and bag it. Why would you want to trade it off for something that is all over the place. You don't see many bagged blazers out there, especially 2 doors. That's the main reason I still have mine. They aren't THAT much harder to bag. Granted they don't make a kit but the "scene" is customizing right? So why would you want to downgrade to a pickup and become the norm?
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

That's a no brainer, keep the Blazer especially if its a 2wd. 2 door 2wds are really hard to find, 1st or 2nd gen. S10s are a dime a dozen, no pun intended lol. Look at mini truckin' mag, theres at least one or two s10s in every issue, but you only see a blazer in there once or twice a year. I've always loved both, but I just think blazers look much better done up and I would take a blazer over an s10 any day. Don't let ur dad decide for you, its ur truck right? And yea the blazer might involve more work to bag the back, but its not that much more work. The only reason an s10 is easier is cause u can take the bed off and the frame doesn't have the bend in the frame where u would notch it. If you can weld and have some fab skills, u should be able to bag the back in a few weekends with some help. Build the notch urself with some square tubing and maybe even build ur own four link to save some money. All u need is a good welder, a grinder, maybe a torch or bandsaw to make ur own brackets and stuff, some basic mechanics tools and some skills. Keep the blazer and bag that shit.
    GettinLaid

x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazed87 View Post
    That's a no brainer, keep the Blazer especially if its a 2wd. 2 door 2wds are really hard to find, 1st or 2nd gen. S10s are a dime a dozen, no pun intended lol. Look at mini truckin' mag, theres at least one or two s10s in every issue, but you only see a blazer in there once or twice a year. I've always loved both, but I just think blazers look much better done up and I would take a blazer over an s10 any day. Don't let ur dad Wedecide for you, its ur truck right? And yea the blazer might involve more work to bag the back, but its not that much more work. The only reason an s10 is easier is cause u can take the bed off and the frame doesn't have the bend in the frame where u would notch it. If you can weld and have some fab skills, u should be able to bag the back in a few weekends with some help. Build the notch urself with some square tubing and maybe even build ur own four link to save some money. All u need is a good welder, a grinder, maybe a torch or bandsaw to make ur own brackets and stuff, some basic mechanics tools and some skills. Keep the blazer and bag that shit.

Wife's daily

My daily

And unless ur going with 22s or bigger in the back, u can still have a back seat, regardless of what other people say. Geo or Chevy tracker 2 doors have a back seat that could work pretty easily. At least that way you could cruise with more then one person. Plus u have more room for subwoofer boxes and stuff compared to an s10. Don't be afraid about bagging the back, it sounds more intimidating, but that's what makes it so much more rewarding in the end, start cutting that thing apart. That's the best thing about metal, if u cut too much you can almost always weld it back. Is the front bagged already? If not, the front is really easy, if u use 2600 bags ur gonna have to trim the spring pocket more but it's worth it. A plasma cutter works best, I personally like an oxy acetylene torch better, cheaper and u can do alot more, I can cut free hand with a torch and u would think it was done with a plasma, I'm talking thicker steel not sheet metal, but Im an iron worker so I have ALOT of experience. Enough about me, so for the front if u don't have a torch or plasma, u can get by with some cut off wheels and a grinder, its just harder due to lack of space. Like I said, its kinda intimidating, but don't get scared, and when ur done u will be so proud of urself. I probably just wasted my time typing this if ur planning on a shop to do the work.
    GettinLaid

I plan on going 18s or 20s and the front will be bagged this paycheck with three inch lowering leafs with four inch blocks in the rear. I'm alright at welding and metalwork but I'm going to stick to trying it myself with a little help if I can find someone that's knows more about fabricating around the gilbert mesa or Tempe Arizona area

Yea man, wish I lived near ya, id love to give u a hand. But yea try and find someone who has some experience doing that type of work. One word of advice tho, u say ur alright at welding, before u go welding anything structural or something that needs to be really strong, make sure ur welds are better then alright. Get some scrap, comparable to the thickness of what u will be welding on ur truck, and practice the shit out of different positions and weld types. Make sure the metal is CLEAN, u will get much better looking welds. Just because a weld looks good doesn't mean much tho, its all about penetration. You can tell when.u have good pen when u can see the metal get hot around a 1/4 inch on both sides of the weld, and the weld sits flatter. Not very scientific, just trying to get to the point. U can check the penetration by running a bead on a butt weld and check the other side to see if its good. And you always want to bevel all the edges ur welding, just by taking a grinder and grinding the edge on an angle, that will give u the strongest weld possible. If ur not sure about a weld, groove or V it out with a grinder and redo it. The biggest problem I think most begginer welders have is getting ur machine set up right. Some have charts to get you close, but if not, trying cranking up the heat and run a practice bead while at the same time adjusting the wire speed till u can hear it, the sweet spot, obviously u will have to mess with the heat and speed depending on the thickness but that should get ya in the ball park especially if its thicker steel. I asked for a little stick welder for christmas when i was 13, taught myself to weld stick, then bought my first blazer at 14 and got a MIG machine and did a full 3 pump 6 battery hydro setup in my Blazer literally by myself at 14. Now im 23 and I'm 1st class welder in the iron workers union and certified for more welding types and positions then I can remember. Laid off right now tho. It just takes a lot of practice, and to not be intimated by cutting up a perfectly good truck. Once u get the front done, it will be a lot less scary doing the back. Like I said, it helps to have somebody with you that knows what there doing, but i didn't and i think I learned more by teaching myself and learning from the mistakes that ur gonna make. Cause even the guys who know what there doing started off where you are. If u have any questions on welding or anything else, let me know. I'll keep checking this thread.
    GettinLaid

Alright sweet. I get paid Thursday so ill be getting my cups and bags then, any suggestions on the bags?

Contitech or slams. Though contitech are made in mexico now

Wife's daily

My daily