Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye to the S-Series world! Hello to my new truck!

Bye Bye to the S-Series world! Hello to my new truck!

Hey guys! Long time no post. Hopefully still a lot of orignals around on here..

Finally traded in the blazer, after 10 years. It got to expensive to fix, the tranny blew out reverse and first gear, and its just been sitting for the last 2 years.

Got rid of it 3 weeks ago, traded it in, along with my car, for a 2012 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 390HP, 407lbs torque. I still lurk around on here,

Stripped her down of everything, intake, system, Left the lowering kits in, basically a blazer with a body kit

Reverse and first gear were blown. Got it towed to the dealer, and gone forever. This was her last trip down my road

Her Replacement, cant get away from the Red trucks lol.

4 days of owning it, already tore into it for some HIDS

For the first time ever, I actually dont want to rip the radio out for a system
    Last edited by FeTTo; 07-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Trader......lol
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

should have been for life essa, WTF?
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Ram didn't fit in the driveway with the blazer rotting there haha

Still sticking with my 4 door love though.

98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    Ram didn't fit in the driveway with the blazer rotting there haha

Still sticking with my 4 door love though.

thats one tight truck son!

you couldn't afford to fix the blazer, so you bought a dodge? you are going to hate life.

Nice truck man, I have an 08 RAM quad cab sport 4x4. I love the hemi, if u drive right on the highway u can get 22 mpg at 65 mph. It's nice its the sport model like mine with all body color. Mines black, no chrome, but I put 20" KMC Rockstars and 305/55 Nitto trail Grapplers with a small lift. Ur interior is soooo much nicer then mine. Mine just has a TRUCK interior, urs is like a luxury car. Like i said, on the highway put it in cruise control at like 65, reset the mpg gauge, then it will stay running on 4 cylinders and I was getting 24 until I did the tires now i get like 17 highway and 10 city. I did a K&N intake and that made the mpg worse too, along with my hypertech max energy tuner. They say ur supposed to get better mpg, but I lost some. The one thing that did give me like 2 mpg better was dual exhaust. Urs probably has the duals right? Take out that HUGE resenator, and put in some flowmaster 40 series. Not too loud, but SCREAMS when u get on it. I love that nav unit, I had to switch out my radio and buy the dash peice for the trucks with nav and i put a pioneer double din and hooked up a relay to be able to watch videos while in drive. These trucks are the best trucks out in my opinion, I should have waited for this body style, but I bought mine in 07 and seen an 09 at the auto show and didn't like it. It had chrome bumpers and I liked the 3rd gens better, but then I seen them in sport or the express and they look sooo much better all one color and now they really grew on me. I like that hood, that's a mopar hood right? Looks like the drag n wagon Stacey Davids building on Gearz. I see urs is a 4x4, we need it in this area, the 4 link in the rear gives them so much articulation its crazy. The 2wds are bad ass too cause if u bag em, the frame is under the body so u just have to move the tranny crossmember and it looks likes its body dropped when laid out. Well Congrats, and good luck with the truck. Don't worry, i got rid of my blazer too, but when the moneys right ill pick up another one. Guess ill talk to you on ramforumz, lol jk I'm still on here all the time, i love my ram but will still always love s10s and blazers.
    GettinLaid

'88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    New tranny and everything else would of been cheaper than that truck. Seems to me you didn't want to fix it.

lol, everyone's giving fetto a hard time. he has to do landscaping somehow people.. jk fetto.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

Quote Originally Posted by s10blazed View Post
    New tranny and everything else would of been cheaper than that truck. Seems to me you didn't want to fix it.
    Well..the issue was, the tranny was blown, so a new tranny installed was $3k. I then had a bunch of electrical gremlins where the remote start was acting up, the entire dash would go out randomly, the truck had a few tranny fluid leaks that caused the truck to blow white smoke from under it at times. The 4x4 transfer case blew again (5th transfer case) Hood/rollpan needed a repaint. I was getting 3 diff SES codes for the ECU.

At that point, and my living/money situation, I was willing to drop a TON of money at once, into something that wasnt reliable anymore for me. Not to mention I was only getting 7mpg in that damn thing, and couldnt push more then 190 miles out of a full tank.

I went with the new truck, with a 3yr/36000 bumper to bumper and 5 year/100k powertrain, with monthly payments, rather then dumping a shit ton in at once, or paying a garage for raping labor.

98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    you couldn't afford to fix the blazer, so you bought a dodge? you are going to hate life.
    So far I love it. I was tired of getting jerked around by the chevy dealers by me. and its a RAM, not a Dodge ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SpikesBlazin View Post
    lol, everyone's giving fetto a hard time. he has to do landscaping somehow people.. jk fetto.
    HAHA yeah go figure lol. I def shed a few tears when I got rid of the blazer, and gave it a goodbye hug in the dealer parking lot when it came off the tow truck

98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Quote Originally Posted by Blazed87 View Post
    Nice truck man, I have an 08 RAM quad cab sport 4x4. I love the hemi, if u drive right on the highway u can get 22 mpg at 65 mph. It's nice its the sport model like mine with all body color. Mines black, no chrome, but I put 20" KMC Rockstars and 305/55 Nitto trail Grapplers with a small lift. Ur interior is soooo much nicer then mine. Mine just has a TRUCK interior, urs is like a luxury car. Like i said, on the highway put it in cruise control at like 65, reset the mpg gauge, then it will stay running on 4 cylinders and I was getting 24 until I did the tires now i get like 17 highway and 10 city. I did a K&N intake and that made the mpg worse too, along with my hypertech max energy tuner. They say ur supposed to get better mpg, but I lost some. The one thing that did give me like 2 mpg better was dual exhaust. Urs probably has the duals right? Take out that HUGE resenator, and put in some flowmaster 40 series. Not too loud, but SCREAMS when u get on it. I love that nav unit, I had to switch out my radio and buy the dash peice for the trucks with nav and i put a pioneer double din and hooked up a relay to be able to watch videos while in drive. These trucks are the best trucks out in my opinion, I should have waited for this body style, but I bought mine in 07 and seen an 09 at the auto show and didn't like it. It had chrome bumpers and I liked the 3rd gens better, but then I seen them in sport or the express and they look sooo much better all one color and now they really grew on me. I like that hood, that's a mopar hood right? Looks like the drag n wagon Stacey Davids building on Gearz. I see urs is a 4x4, we need it in this area, the 4 link in the rear gives them so much articulation its crazy. The 2wds are bad ass too cause if u bag em, the frame is under the body so u just have to move the tranny crossmember and it looks likes its body dropped when laid out. Well Congrats, and good luck with the truck. Don't worry, i got rid of my blazer too, but when the moneys right ill pick up another one. Guess ill talk to you on ramforumz, lol jk I'm still on here all the time, i love my ram but will still always love s10s and blazers.
    Good to know thanks. Yeah Ive been on ramforumz and dodgetalk everyday since I got the truck looking up stuff. Same user name

98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

What have u been getting average for mpg? And the hood came with the truck?
    GettinLaid

Averaging about 10-15mpg around town depending how I'm driving and 19ish on the highway . I've learned cruise control is my friend in the RAM

98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love