Thread: 2 component sets installed today....6.5 MB Quart front and rear doors

2 component sets installed today....6.5 MB Quart front and rear doors

Bought these from Amazon for 113 bucks shipped (Amazon Prime account). Part number FSB 216. I must say, for the price, I like em. Running them off the head unit for now. Took a little fine tuning to get it to my liking, but definately worth the money. Tweeters are not overpowering like the older sets I used to hear. Budget build for sure, but first one in a loooooong time.

Took about 4 hours start to finish (lunch in there somewhere).

Here's the pics:

Had to make extension rings for rear door speakers. 1/2 inch MDF

Also modified the door panel in rear. Cut off ring that meets speaker.

Trim ring mounted to door, and speaker mounted to ring.

Rear tweeter location:

Sounds pretty good, even with the low tweeter locations. Gonna add in Boston Acoustics 4 x 6 coaxs in the dash to fill in the front after I get my amps. 4 channel amp to run these components, and run the dash off the head unit.

looks pretty good tho nice work

you need to paint those wood rings, moisture will seep into them and ruin them in no time. Even some cheap walmart $.99 flat black will work, its what we use at work
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt