Thread: LT1 Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LT1 Conversion

I need some help I bought a 1992 GMC Sonoma GT with a LT1 conversion started in it the V6 and computer were sold before I bought truck. I know they make a harness to do the swap, but I need truck up and running before I can afford one of those. So I need to wire the LT1 harness in the factory harness to get all the gauges to work in the truck does any one have info about this swap?

Quote Originally Posted by 89Blaz View Post
    I need some help I bought a 1992 GMC Sonoma GT with a LT1 conversion started in it the V6 and computer were sold before I bought truck. I know they make a harness to do the swap, but I need truck up and running before I can afford one of those. So I need to wire the LT1 harness in the factory harness to get all the gauges to work in the truck does any one have info about this swap?
    get some wiring diagrams for the sonoma and whatever the harness is out of and go to town. should only be about 10-12 wires to get the engine running and all the gauges working.

I think I got everything working we will see if I do this week.

need any help holler at me ... LT1's are my thing

LT1 Guru
    Did you get it running?

search for a post by me, I pinned the whole thing out on my 94 with a 94 lt1
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt