Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQ4 + LS1 project revived!

LQ4 + LS1 project revived!

well well well, looks like its time to finish the blazer. for those of you who remember, i started a ls swap about 3 years ago. then i bought a house, had lots of other projects, and money went else where haha. enough is enough tho and its time to finish it and do a giant two tire cooker. i had a previous thread called winter project updates located here http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...ghlight=winter with some stuff when i still had the 4.3, and some stuff of the ls swap. decided to make a new thread tho as its a v8 swap, and its not winter haha. started working on it again this weekend and got pretty much the entire fuel system done, just need a few fittings at the regulator that will be here this week. also got a good jump on the engine wiring, all thats left is transmission stuff and splicing it into the vehicle harness. a good days work i would say. anyways on to the best part, pictures!

should have the whole harness done next weekend, updates to come!

What is that fuse block out of?

Good to see others making progress on their long term LS swaps. I set a deadline for myself and making good progress for it. The Blazer was blown apart this weekend and ready to start swapping parts over to the new frame and engine.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

I believe that block is out of a neon haha. Might have to get another one for the injector fuses and what not, not to sure if there will be enough room in that one

Thanks. The mounting looked really simple, so that is a plus. I'm keeping my 2nd gen fuse block for now, but want to downsize in the future. Just keeping my eyes open in the mean time.

Ya there's quite a few fuse and relay spots in it

Banned
    i swear if you take as long as Harley im going to block you. LOL

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Hahaha, no no. This will be done for next spring. Got the fuel system all done tonight, gonna have the wiring all done this weekend, then next I wanna get the accessories and cooling system done. Was pricing out some aluminum 2 and 3 core rads tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    i swear if you take as long as Harley im going to block you. LOL
    I should be done soon. At least all my free time is going into the truck until it is. I'm tired of waiting on me too.

well i got all the engine and trans wiring done tonight. all thats left is hook up 9 fuses, 4 pcm powers, and 8 pcm grounds, then that will be fuel system and wiring done. next will be accessories & cooling system, then the diff swap, then exhaust, then a big ass burn out haha

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    so what exactly are you doing for the wiring harness? neon fuse box with ls engine harness mated to stock wiring?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

The neon fuse box is for my fans, headlights, horn, and all that kinda stuff. I'm going to pick up 2-6 ATO fuse holders today for the engine power supply, then going to splice what ever ignition powers into it from the stock harness.

well well well..... just finished all my wiring and.....

i have scan tool communication!!!!!!! very excited about this haha. just have to pull the harness out and wire loom it all....... wicked. and yes, i know thjat says 5.3, it is a 6.0 in my truck haha

finished up all the wiring this morning, just have to do the o2's and MAF when i get them in

wow.... been a while since ive been on... haha. have made a ass load of progress since last post. all thats left now is exhaust, brakes, get a drive shaft made, and stop pulling my hair out over mixed drive by wire parts the wrecker gave me.... haha. i suppose i could post some pictures if ya want..... i do remember we are all picture hungry.

Very nice work......... I'm wanting to do the same but don't know where to start and how to go about it all..................
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS