Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: door panel insert ?s

  1. #1
    Registered User chevy_man5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006

    door panel insert ?s

    a long time ago i found something on recovering the inserts (cloth/leather) on door panels and now i cant find it? does anyone know how to replace those insert pieces? i think it said something about melting something on the back side and riveting them back on or something. idk any help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Registered User blazin001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    rincon ga
    If i remember right you have to drill out the melted plastic pieces on back of the panel when you go to reinsert the panel i think alot of people use black hot glue sticks you can buy them off of ebay i hope this helps

  3. #3
    Registered User flnole78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yeah there are plastic rivets on the back of the panel that hold that piece on. You have to melt them off and the panel will come off then you can recover and glue back together.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts