Thread: Need help with passlock. (truck starts)

1st gen luv

Need help with passlock. (truck starts)

Ok so the other night I was out driving, and everything was fine. Parked the truck and last night when I went to leave it woulnt run. It would start for a second and die. Noticed the security light flashing so I left it sit overnight till today when I could deal with it.

I tried the relearn process of turning the key to the run position for 10min then off, then start. Had to do this a number of times, but now the truck is starting and running everytime I try it, and the security light is off. Problem now though is that after I turn the truck off, the light starts flashing again and will not turn off. I can still start the truck fine, and the light turns off, but soon as the truck is turned off the light is flashing again.

I left the truck set for well over 10min with the key off and the light was still flashing when I checked it. I do know that I need a new lock cylinder, this one is about done for. The key needs to in just right or wiggled a bit before it will turn. Could this be a cause for what's happening, or should I look elswhere for the problem?

1st gen luv
    Update: I just went back out again and this time the light was off. I don't know exactly how long it stayed on for, but the truck still starts. I'm still interested in any opinions as I know it's just a matter of time before it goes again.

1st gen luv
    Sorry for all the updates, but I got the light to stop flashing. The gate ajar light came on and although the gate wasn't open, I opened it, and closed it again, as well as the rear glass, and now the security light comes on solid with the key, and off when the truck is started. When the tuck is turned off, the light goes off and stays off. I'm still going to replace the lock cylinder since it needs it anyways, and hope that takes care of it. Still if anyone has any other suggestions for me to keep in mind incase it does it again, I'd like to hear them.