Thread: Bagged Blazer Caliper flip....

Bagged Blazer Caliper flip....

Hey, I'm buying a bagged 2000 Jimmy, The guy says it needs the back calipers flipped, because the back is wider than the front and the brakes hit the frame. How does one go about doing that, if it's even required, I'm a noob when it comes to bagged blazers. I've only messed with s10's. any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advanced.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i did it when i put a disc brake rear in my first gen. You have to pull the axles to take the caliper brackets off, and swap them side to side. It flips the calipers to front to keep them off the frame. Its because the 2 door blazer frames kick out to go around the gas tank. However you can use 4wd caliper brackets and keep the use of the e brake, b/c just swapping the 2wd brackets to the opposite side will mean the e brake brackets face the other way.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    a couple pics i have. They technically will clear the frame, but will contact when the rear end moves, especially if you like to hit sides.

as you can see, they will allow the rear to cycle, but i couldnt get my finger b/t the back of the caliper and the frame

i had to flip mine. supernova gave a pretty good idea on how its done, pretty simple to do and only takes no more then 2 hrs takeing your time. the only down fall is you lose your e-brake's but if your on air then no problem lol.