Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Lil' Squirt

Project Lil' Squirt

Hello, my name is Chris and I'm from Lincoln Ne. I have been doing car stereo install for the past 8 years, but a few months ago I got a job at Duncan Aviation here in Lincon. Now I'm working on personal aircraft interiors.

A few months ago I picked up this 91 Blazer for a good price and I have always liked this body style.

This is what it looked like when I picked it up...

The back of it was stripped out so I went to the junkyard and got most of what I needed for it.

I even found a digital cluster for it, I hope it works.

Here are a few pics of how it went back together.

My wife laying down some sound deadening.

This truck is a base model and the speedometer didn't work so I figured I would do a digital cluster.

I made new rear speaker pods. The main reason I did it was so I wouldn't have to listen to my kids play with the ashtrays the other was to mount 6" speakers back there rather than 6x9

Here we go the speakers are in...

The front speakers will be in pods on the door. I thought about doing kick panels but I like how this turned out in my suburban and I don't want to put these Alpine Type-X Pro speakers where they will be getting kicked around.

The single 10" Boston G2 sounds amazing in the back
    The corners are a little off but I think I might rebuild these and use the plastics I took off for my pattern.

I have changed the door pop switches, from yellow trunk pop buttons to these blue led buttons. They will light up with the dome lights.

I also did my big 3 upgrade

I also picked up an old school Alpine 6ch amp

I'm thinking about updating the look with some new paint and maybe upgrade the wood grain.

Future plans for this is

Finish the stereo build
    Suspension work
    Paint
    SBC V8
    Brake upgrade

Really nice looking blazer. What is that steering wheel off of?
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

I think it is off a Cavalier

Well this project isn't getting off to the best start. I went out yesterday to take care of some stuff and I had some lady pulled out in front of me.

it really isn't that bad. I will use the insurance money for the cowl hood I want and a paint job. Funny thing is when I bought the Blazer I got an extra front end with it, but two weeks ago I told a friend at work I would sell it to him. He hasn't picked it up yet but I think I will let him have it and use the money to get a bumper (i plan to mod it) and a fender. The other thing is I ordered my phantom grill the other day and it just came in today. good thing it wasn't here early.

Oh that sux man. Well as long as you have a plan this is just a minor set back.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer

I'm thinking I might pull the 327ci out of my Suburban so I can rebuild it and put it into my Blazer. First I will have to find a 350ci to put into my Suburban.

I'm kinda sad I wanted to get my phantom grill in this weekend .

but with the wreck I can't touch it until we settle. Good news is their insurance is taking responsibility for the wreck so I don't have to wait for the police report. They are sending someone out tomorrow to look at it.

I got good news. I just got off the phone with the other drives insurance company. No surprise they are calling it a total loss. When it is all said and done I will be getting a check for $2525.00. Not too bad considering I already had a new front end for it.

That'll help things along ;)
    85 Blazer 4x4, 350, 3" BL, 33's, project
    89 Jimmy 4x4, needs 350 swap...
    89 Blazer 4x4, 4.3 gf's DD
    90 Jimmy 4x4, 4.3 my DD

I hope so. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to do EFI or Carb.

Yesterday I went to check out my extra front clip I have to see what I need.

I needed a bumper and grill so I went out to upullit here in town and got what I needed.

Then today the hood came in...

So now I will have to wait until Friday to start to put it all back together. The front end mod I'm doing shouldn't take too long but it will be nice and clean.

I love that hood. That front clip looks pretty good too.

now bare in mind, the "new frontend is from an older 82-89 or so and the core support is different, so the lights wont line up the same as the 91 frontend
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt