Thread: Need help lowering my 98 blazer 2wd 4 door

Lightbulb Need help lowering my 98 blazer 2wd 4 door

Hey ya I need help!! I want to lower my 98 blazer 2"/3" (4 door) 2wd but im not sure if I still need anything else!! I already have the lowering spindles, springs 2", and 3" blocks with u bolts from mcgaughys. and also I have a set of rims (245/35r20) would they be clear??

Do I need to change the rear tension bar? anything else I have to change??
    thanks for ya help!!

Quote Originally Posted by checo0292 View Post
    Hey ya I need help!! I want to lower my 98 blazer 2"/3" (4 door) 2wd but im not sure if I still need anything else!! I already have the lowering spindles, springs 2", and 3" blocks with u bolts from mcgaughys. and also I have a set of rims (245/35r20) would they be clear??

Do I need to change the rear tension bar? anything else I have to change??
    thanks for ya help!!

Sounds like you have what you'll need. Honestly tho, if you've got the cash to spend, go ahead and do ball joints and tie rod ends while you're in there with it apart. It'll save you alot of headache later. Mines down 4/5 on 22's, they should fit fine.

Oh ok thanks for info. I just changed the boil joints a month ago! I guess I just have to change the tie rod ends!! How do you like your blazer? How's handling?? And alignment??

Oh ok thanks for info. I just changed the boil joints a month ago! I guess I just have to change the tie rod ends!! How do you like your blazer? How's handling?? And alignment??

I love my truck. The handling is so so with 22's and a torsion bar drop, I get a little scrub on the tires at full lock, but otherwise it handles about as close to a race car as you can get with a Blazer lol. I've got a couple degrees of negative camber on alignment, but its no huge issue. I'm planning to stock floor and bag it over the summer so....

Oh that's what's up! Do you have any picture of ur blazer? I wanna see what it looks like! Hopefully I lower mine this week!
    And good luck when u bag it up! Here in Raleigh don't have to many fixed up cars and also we wanna make a crew! I see u live in Tennessee? How's over there with the car stuff??

Oh that's what's up! Do you have any picture of ur blazer? I wanna see what it looks like! Hopefully I lower mine this week!
    And good luck when u bag it up! Here in Raleigh don't have to many fixed up cars and also we wanna make a crew! I see u live in Tennessee? How's over there with the car stuff??

Yeah, I've got looooads of pics, I'll post some soon as I'm not on mobile. Man, as far as cars here, we've got A LOT of Honda kids, that's pretty much the extent of it. We've got a chapter of Freaks of Nature, but they don't come out a lot. I've got a couple buddies with bagged and bodied minis, mostly dimes and a few Nissans. Few lowriders, few dudes with giant rims on POS cars, nothing to really brag about tho.

After all the work I have done to it and decided to go lower that's how it turned guys!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by checo0292; 02-08-2015 at 11:31 AM. Reason: photo issue

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Its super low, and looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Its super low, and looks awesome.
    thanks!!