Thread: need help in making her feel solid again

Hybrid View

need help in making her feel solid again

My 85 is getting old and she rattles and shakes. I love driving her, but dam it feels weird at times!

What have you guys done and where did you order parts from to make the suspension and body feel better?

Im thinking of doing new cab mounts and new bushings for the A-arms, bearing sets, etc

thanks
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I'm currently in the process of doing the samething to my '87. So far I bought Speedway motors upper tubular control arms. The Speedway arms have soild steel bushings with greese fittings instead of rubber and only cost $114 shipped for both. With the V8 I think the heat kills the rubber and poly bushings. I also have all new steering linkage parts and upper and lower ball joints. All the parts are piled in the garage as of now, going to try to get everything installed be for the new year.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    poly bushings or just new rubber for anything you can get them for. Putting the tubular arms with poly bushings in my truck really made it feel like new. The best thing is to go through the front end. Bushings, sway bar links if you have em, and steering, including checking for slop in the steering shaft and box. After that, the doors in my experience make a shit load of noise if the bushings in the hinges are loose. Broken/missing bolts in the fenders/inner fenders will cause lots of little vibrations or noises too.

My arms are from suicide doors but everything else is just from auto parts places, nothing fancy. But my steering feels crisp and nice now that its all new, and for years it was total crap, and unsafe feeling at times

I know this might not be as much of an issue for a single pickup, but the roof of my blazer made an unbelieveable amount of noise. I put some padding b/t the cross brace things and the roof, and then lots of second skin audio sound dampening stuff.

I already have a ton of dynamat, double on the roof and single in the doors
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I got an email saying this was updated, weird. Anyways, it was the idler arm, loose as hell! Off to bigger badder things now

It was a spam post. I made it go away.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

i figured