Thread: Oil filter relocation question.

Hybrid View

1st gen luv

Oil filter relocation question.

I purchased a 99 blazer with a newer low mileage engine from a freight truck. Problem is that the "mechanic" who owned it previously did not reinstall the oil filter relocation kit. Everything is there except for the adapter plate on the block. To change the filter I had to pull the driveshaft, the u joint/yoke, and grind some of the extra off of the bottom stud of the exhaust crossover.

I'm looking online trying to find the missing part, but I'm not sure which part it is. Looking on jegs, I see different ones with different diameters ect, ranging in price as well. I found one that I think is right, but I'm hoping that someone here may know for sure if it will work with the stock lines that are already in place. The one that I found is here Trans Dapt #969-1050

Thanks for any input. It's on a fresh change right now, but when the next one is due I want to put the relocation kit back into play.

What's the year of the engine and what engine is it?

1st gen luv
    99 4.3 vortec

Yep, looks like the right one.

What size oil filter are you using? I did the relocation kit on my sister's blazer and am able to use the PF47 (shorty filter) with no problems. It's a little messy since it is a tight fit, but puncturing the oil filter with a screwdriver before removal and letting it drain takes care of that

1st gen luv
    Not sure right off hand which filter was used. I had the oem filter but it was too long so I used a new one that was in the garage. The filter I used was about 2-3" shorter than stock, and I could almost get it up in there.