Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New member here

Whats up, My name is Richard, I am from Minneapolis, MN. Just seeing what is up here, My girlfriend and I own a 1993 GMC jimmy S15, Black, Full loaded, leather, keyless entry, everything works, including AC. I am trying to keep it relatively factory, besides the sound system, and exterior lights.

Here are a couple photos, sofar, I have done the h4 headlight upgrade, LED tail lights and reverse lights

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    wow that thing is clean. Welcome

Thanks very much, for being in MN, the body is in really good shape, there are a couple things i need to work out, a couple small holes in the rockers, and a couple small holes behind the rear wheels (not more than 1.5") I might just replace the whole rocker, or a good chunk of them, behind the rear wheels will be simple. And also, the front 2 cab mounts have rusted and broke (but luckily, the frame is in good shape, and the floor board is too) so 19 per for cab mounts, and a days work to put in new ones and then I am good to go.
    It has now 186k miles, had 163k when we got it last november. and still runs perfect. had to do the usual, fuel pump, and spider. I have a feeling I will be doing the spider again soon since it was the napa reman, and it was still under warranty when it went bad, so i just took it out, went back with a receipt that the previous owner saved, and got it replaced for nothing.

What's that white stuff all over the ground?

Truck looks great...fix the rusty stuff before it spreads like wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    What's that white stuff all over the ground?

Truck looks great...fix the rusty stuff before it spreads like wildfire.
    The white stuff is what they spray on the runways when a plane crashes haha

Thanks, I am going to fix it first thing this spring, until then, I am washing it regularly over the winter, I do not have a garage, well I do, but its being taken up by a 240z.
    So doing anything on the truck outside (body wise) in a MN winter is out of the question.

That's a really nice looking jimmy. I like the led tails on it. I wouldn't mind having a set but I'm doing caddy's on mine soon. Welcome to blazinlow.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Thanks, I plan on redoing them this summer, some better LED's and a different lay out.

Oh ok so you did them yourself? I like them. They look really good compared to the stock ones. For now I'm running olds bravada tails till I can get what I need for the caddy lights.

Check out my ride.

Yup, I wanted to do something different, could not find any after market LED lights, besides the plug and play bulbs, and I do not like them. 86 led's per tail, 36 per reverse light.

That's alot of lights. I had seen someone else do something like that. I was gonna look into it but it's alot of work and I'm not sure I have those kind of tools. Oh and I wouldn't have a clue how to.

Check out my ride.

It was pretty simple, if you have some knowledge on electronics. the only tools you really need is something to cut the tail open, and a soldering iron.
    supplies, you need perf board, led's, resistors, 12v voltage regulators, a couple diodes to smooth out the current on the v-regs. and quite a bit of wire, solder, and time.

I have some knowledge but not enough to do it. And soldering is just something I'm not good at, lol. Trust me I've tried but not enough practice. I'm just going to doing caddys soon alot less work involved I think.

Check out my ride.

Quote Originally Posted by layitlo_88 View Post
    I have some knowledge but not enough to do it. And soldering is just something I'm not good at, lol. Trust me I've tried but not enough practice. I'm just going to doing caddys soon alot less work involved I think.
    Ive always liked caddy lights in blazers. Its pretty much straight forward on the wiring? the ground, parking, and then running/brake wires... or is the caddy lights just 2 wires, ground and positive for the board, then you have to run a PWM?

I'm not sure, I haven't done them yet. I keep waiting on money to come in so I can get the parts I need.

Check out my ride.

Welcome, looks cold, I mean good, looks good!