Thread: how to remove half shafts ect to delete 4x4

Hybrid View

how to remove half shafts ect to delete 4x4

Please let me no did a search was Bo GOOD explanation

Banned
    Remove propshaft (front driveshaft)

remove axle nuts, lower ball joints, swing hub out so the cv axles can come out of the wheel hub bearings..
    Pry the cv axle out of the front differential.

Remove all front differential mounting bolts and remove front differential.

Cut off OUTER CV boots.

Place cv axle in bench vice and hit the cv joint itselt with a hammer untill the outer hub comes off or joint breaks.

Once the outer stub of the cv axle is removed and cleaned out, place back into wheel bearing and put axle nut back on tightened to specifications.

Repeat for other side..

Now everything but your transfer case should be gone. That will require transmission work to remove tho.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

That's word thanks the Trans case is cool for now did u do this to urs do u have any pix. And how to I vise it like which end do I put and hit. 1 got a 96 blazer with Vette wheels just removing key bolts I got alot of drop compared to my old body style

how to delete 4x4: swap to 2WD frame. o wait, i was called a traitor.... dont do that i guess. haha

Like the bars go thru it as well but I could I delete tget to ddrill my holes do to this thong on the way . Also dis u notch ur rearhat or cut the whole center out. I can't

Alot of haters. Haahaha I was on the blazer forum and those guys are bitches strict all by the book if it's illegal. emissions they wont give help aka deleteing cat . Hey super bee I got a 96 blazer there is a huge crossnember in front of my torsion bar cross its different then my 93 tho. Can the be cut out with out causing damage

Yo superbee I seen in the one pic u did cut.out that crossmembery thing did it put strain on your frame or no cuz its a bitch with it in my way I rather hack it out