Thread: Shaving rear tailgate lock

Shaving rear tailgate lock

New to this page, but curious if anybody could show or point me in the right direction on any late body S10 Blazers with shaved tailgates? I have a 92 Blazer, an want to shave to the tailgate. I'm sure somebody has done it, but what did they use to open the tailgate? The glass I know can be popped with the factory actuator, but has anybody done the tailgate so they could shave that terrible twisty tie looking lock?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

havent done it on mine yet, but have seen a few where they installed a truck tailgate latch or a flush twisty type handle. can also use solenoids for door poppers inside if ya want it all electric...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Thanks, love the suicide doors btw. Any pics of those mods, or where I could see how somebody even flushed a twisty tie handle? I've thought about door popping the tailgate, but just curious if anybody has done it, an had some pics too.

88 dropped s10 blazer big scott's Avatar
    im going to do the same thing shave my tail gate.

I was thinking of using the stock twist handle and just flush mount it on the inside. should be easy. plus im going to make a cover so when the cover is over the handle you will not know its there.

Shave that shit

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    Here's how I have mine set up. Its connected to the mechanism inside the gate, I push down on the billet knob and it spins the latch just like it would if you were spinning the latch on the outside

:tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

88 dropped s10 blazer big scott's Avatar
    neat idea.. any pics of were it connects ?
    iv been thinking about making all electric. popping it from my alarm remote.