Thread: L-48 into a 91 s10 blazer 4wd

L-48 into a 91 s10 blazer 4wd

Hello follks im about to begin swaping in a 4 barrel carbed 1973 L-48 that i picked up for $225 into my 91 4wd s10 blazer that my second 4.3 is fried so im just trying to find out what else i need to cram it in i got the conversion kit off jegs that came with the headers,mounts and oil pan also i got a fuel pressure regulator so i could keep the stock fuel pump.

So whats left i know i need fans the v8 only came with the alt and the water pump can i use the 4.3s power steering pump on it.

Sorry if i sound retarded im used to messing with mercedes diesels nothing puts a smile on my face smoking a rice boy in a 5 cylinder turbodiesel wagon only 150hp but 250tq and black smoke from hell lol.

welcome to the site... sounds like ya got a nice start, you can use all the front accessories, brackets and pulleys off the 4.3. You can use the 4.3 rad as well, as for the fans you can use the v6 taurus fans they pull alot of air.
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

thanks for the tip i was wondering about the oil filter can i use the kit can comes on the 4.3 that has the filter on the finder

Hi guys I finished putting in the l48 in my blazer it was tight but looks good my only problem is that the drivers side header from the trans dapt kit is basically sitting on top of the shock tower mount so almost every right turn the header just bounces of it making a lovely sound and I was just wondering what to do I'll take pics when it stops raining please and thank you