Thread: Need Emergency Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Emergency Help

4.3L V6 4x4 ZR5

Okay so it used to be i'd wash my truck and i'd misfire right after, then it turned to every time it rained. Now it's constant so it has to be electronic but i can't figure out what it is. I've replaced plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor i'm on a tight budget so i need to figure out exactly what is wrong before i replace anything else. I'm still throwing a P0200, and P0303 code on the OBD. If anyone has any ideas of what it is or could be PLEASE let me know i have to drive this truck over 200 miles one way to pick my daughter up friday.

water is not your truck's friend.....I would hose it down and pop the hood, see what is wet and go from there. Check the PCM and fuse box for water.

what is done to the truck, how many miles on it?
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

2" suspension lift and 2" body lift and thats really the only mods i have. I haven't thought about checking the fuse box and the PCM where is that at i'm getting ready to check it. like i said the only thing i can think of is it has to be electrical maybe even a sensor.

I have 200000 miles plus on the truck and if it helps to get any answers when i changed plugs the right side (passanger side) was loaded with fuel so it's gotta be some kind of sensor or wiring i've pulled back the wiring on the fuel modulator it all looks fine plus all the pink wires in it are showing 11.99V on each pin connector. The PCM doesn't look like like it has any water going to it and same with the fuse box under the hood.

When my 4.3 loaded the right side with fuel the front o2 sensor was the problem. I also got P0300 (random mutiple misfire). Found out my pre-cat was going out and fouled out the front o2. Changed the cat and o2 and fixed it. Not sure how washing and rain would effect that, unless your hosing down the inside of the fender wells and when it rains it's only once you drive.

after some search magic, I also found some guys that had similar issues, found the PCM went bad and shorted the injectors. Since your not getting o2 codes, it sounds like that maybe your issue.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Whenever I've had water + misfires it was the distributor cap and rotor. This happened for me after washing, rain, or sometimes just damp/humid days. Any water under the cap can cause trouble and eventually corrosion to the electrodes. Worth checking that again and make sure you have a quality cap.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Whenever I've had water + misfires it was the distributor cap and rotor. This happened for me after washing, rain, or sometimes just damp/humid days. Any water under the cap can cause trouble and eventually corrosion to the electrodes. Worth checking that again and make sure you have a quality cap.
    Thats what i figured and i just replaced the cap and rotor on tuesday. But thanks though

Theres no way i've found to test the PCM the guy at the parts store said it's probably the ICM and that 4.3's are notorious for it and the cam sensor does this sound half way right to anybody?