Thread: 97 S10 Truck, Crawl-thru Cab

97 S10 Truck, Crawl-thru Cab

I'm burnt out on this project so I'm going a different route. I'm selling without the motor and trans to buy a project for my son that he would be interested in since he defenitely is'nt into minitrucks.

1997 S10, shortbed 2WD. Body solid, no rust or holes. Truck has never been wrecked, fenders and rt. door were only replaced because the door was creased and the fenders were cut by previous owner. The truck is currently setup with a SBC and automatic trans which I will remove before a sale. I will however leave the exhaust and manifolds, driveshaft and radiator, and motor mounts so you can install your SB. Rearend is a stock non posi rear with 3:73 gears. Exhaust is dual exhaust with new bullet style mufflers which end just before the rearend so it will need tailpipes.

Back of cab, and front of bed and fiberglass cap have been cut out to create a crawl-thru. Rubber accordion seal between cab and bed does not leak. The doors have been shaved and a new AVS shaved door kit with new remote system has been installed. Also has backup switch installed to access vehicle. Street Scene rearview mirrors on the doors. Tailgate handle shaved and relocated to inside.Truck also has a factory rear roll pan, and aftermarket taillights, Fiberglass 4" cowl hood. 99 S10 grille and Extreme front bumper. I'm currently starting on installing Xenon side skirts, I may have them installed before a sale, if not I'll include them. If I get them installed, bottom of truck will be painted under the skirts with the Sublime Green which is what the truck used to be. I will also include these extra exterior parts:

Stock hood...stock tail lights...aftermarket black front parking/turn signals, and Xenon front bumper.

Chassis has a new set of 2" drop spindles and 1" drop coils up front, new 2" drop blocks in the rear. Rear springs have all new bushings. Inner and outer tie rod ends are also new. Truck has Crager Quick Trick style wheels, 15x10 in the rear, 15x7 up front. Rear tires have nice tread, but need replaced, they have some dry rot.

Interior has bucket seats, center console and floor shift. Truck has been converted to factory power windows and switches. It does not have power locks or mirrors so the power mirror and lock buttons have been shaved on the switch panels. 2 guage pillar pod, with oil pressure and volt meter. Heater control has been shaved and water temp guage mounted in its place with switch for the engine electric cooling fan. Instrument cluster has been replaced with a custom cluster with mechanical speedometer and matching tach. Turn signal indicators are also installed in the cluster. ALL gauges are Autometer gauges. Doors have new 6.5" speakers and 1" tweeters mounted in the door panels. Dash has a set of 4x6's . Stereo is a Dual AM/FM/CD with Ipod connection, and remote. Rear speakers consist of 2 new 12" subwoofers and 2 new Rockford Fosgate 6.5's. Stereo system has an electronic crossover controlling two amps for the rear subwoofers and rear midrange speakers. The front 6.5" door speakers are running full range off the third amp. Dash speakers and tweeters are not hooked up.

The truck has been setup to run an auxilary battery for the amplifiers, this battery is mounted in a battery box. A remote solenoid has been installed and wired to charge the auxilary battery. Interior also has a DVD player w/remote mounted in the right rear speaker box. DVD player plays through the stereo system. Left rear speaker box has an auxilary switch panel for accessories and a CD pocket. There is a 7" flip down monitor in the cab, and the truck is wired for a rear monitor. Other interior parts I will include:

New 14" flip down monitor for the rear, one roll of sound deadening material, one roll of grey vinyl upholstery, and the black plastic panels I was going to use in the rear.

Bottom dollar is $2800 as described without the motor and trans. that is currently in the truck, BUT I will include a running '93 350 that needs rebuilt. Truck is located in Leetonia OH. I will consider a trade for something my son is interested in. Email me pics and details of your trade. Mainly interested in pre-81 Camaro's or 68-72 Chevy C-10 shortbed projects.If your project has a good motor and trans, I will consider leaving my motor and trans in the truck. Doesn't hurt to ask. For those interested in this truck with the motor and trans, I'll sell complete for $4500. The motor is a 350 crate motor with approx. 10K miles, new Edelbrock 650 carb and street dominator intake. Transmission is a fresh rebuilt 700r4 with less than 10 miles on it. PM me here, or email me at jr_coffman@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by SBBlazer; 11-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Jim C.

97 S10 SCSB, 2WD V8, shaved, walkthru cab
    99 S10 Blazer 4x4

CAT! The other white meat Xtreme187's Avatar
    If you do part out the truck I would be interested in the doors (complete with panels and mirrors) the hood, and the fron bumper assembly. If you do please contact me at Fangz1994@aol.com Thanks

Xtreme187, email sent. As of right now, truck is still in storage nothing has been done with it. Couple more pics added to original post.
    Jim C.

99 S10 Blazer 4x4

Changes made, post UPDATED
    Jim C.

99 S10 Blazer 4x4