Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good lord its been a while!

Good lord its been a while!

Any old timers still hanging around? I lost the minitruck itch for a while but i was given a 00 blazer and then aquired a 93 s10 and then another 98 s10 lol. no idea what im going to do with them. i think the 2nd gen s0 im going to put my 383 in from my incredibly old project s10 since i still have everything from the conversion seems almost stupid not to :thumbsup:

But im eager to dive into the old hobby once again hope theres some members left that i know and i look forward to meeting the new members
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    definatly been a while! glad to see you still around
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

There's a familiar avatar can't mistake that blazer lol. I'm glad to see your still sticking it out. You know how it goes catch the bug in the younger years but don't have money. Then you get older and money is a little better so you decide to go at it again. God help me I don't know what I've got myself into. But I know it will be fun to work on these trucks the right way lol.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    there a handfull of us still around from a decade ago. Glad to see you back

I'm still here.

Of course I am.

There's a few left....Blazin Low is pretty low key these days....Some of our first gens are older than most of the new members probably.
    this is a test of the sig

I still check in from time to time, I recently got the blazer itch again and decided to slap an LSX into it !

(Silverado is also mine, but that's it's own project by now)

I still check in daily, the blaz is still laid up, hope to have the motor pulled and rebuilt soon, too many projects around the house consuming my time and funds...
    Last edited by Nite Dragon; 04-23-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

there's a slim few of us that still have minis
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

well blazin low i assumed you where still here. i am suprised how its slowed down though. I thought with all the changes and bolt on crap the mini truck scene would still be very alive. i have been just browsing old threads and projects and it makes me shake my head when i read "i just got my bolt in c notch" or "my new pre made wishbone came in" what ever happened to trial and error. it use to be fun. converting to a v8 was a challenge not for god sakes i seen a kit setup that included every little part to make the swap. hell my first swap was a nightmare. beating the firewall cutting and moving my header tubes around the starter cut and tack motor mounts and repeat a hundred times until its right lol. but i guess all good things must come to an end. i actually did some looking around and you can buy a complete rolling chassis bagged and ready to go just unbolt your body and drop it on. makes me a but sad i must say. it took me almost a year to mold a toyota front end onto my dime now you buy a kit and in 20 mins your done.

all good things must come to an end i guess.

Well I'm still here and on a few other forums, and this good thing ain't never gonna end. I've still got a mini 1st gen and I've driven two other cars and traded them back in for another one. I'm not me if I'm not in a mini. You should check out my thread on here for my jimmy. It is hard to believe how long I've been on here. I've gotten old and been made a grandpa too.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

im no grandpa but i have twin 4 year old boys now. my one boy is after my own heart. i showed him some pictures of some of the various rigs ive had over the years. and he asked if when he gets older if i can help him build a truck. i almost cried. lol.

LOL that's cool. Mine has done the same so I know what you mean. He's turning 9 next month and he's asked if I was going to give him mine. I told him will build him one. So I know how you feel.

Check out my ride.

Hey, man - glad to hear you are well. I still check in from time-to-time to see what's going on. Still have the itch, and trying to get life out of the way, like everyone else... Congrats on your family!

Thanks, these days my life is my kids and my jimmy. I'm single and my jimmy won't cheat on me.

Check out my ride.

I think the problem is that we all grew up...and not too many kids these days are buying 20+ year old trucks. Unless you're a die hard, the only thing bridging the gap is 2000s s10/blazer/jimmy...and I don't see many younger people driving them.

I mean Christ, I'll be 36 next month. I bought my Blazer not because it was cool, it was just in 1997 I needed something to drive.
    this is a test of the sig