Thread: rear rubbing the bump stop, 1/2" from leaf springs

rear rubbing the bump stop, 1/2" from leaf springs

I bought a set of 20" rims w/ low pro tires. I get them home and didn't even think to check the damn offset. I believe the wheels I have an offset of 6", I think they are front wheel drive wheels. the only thing that rubs is the back bump stop. I was thinking of cutting the bump stop at an angle. I wont have a rub problem if I do, but I will only be a half inch from my leaf springs. will it be OK, and will it work. I don't want to take the loss on buying the rims. gotem off Craigslist. thanks

depending on how much clearance you have on the fender side you could always add a 1/2" wheel spacer to get it all to clear
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics