Thread: Another Blazer with issues any ideas?

Hybrid View

Another Blazer with issues any ideas?

I have a 1994 4.3l S10 4x4 Blazer W VIN CPI 125k, Bought the truck used and ran into problems right off the bat, was told the intake was replaced about 30k prior, vehicle developed a massive transmission leak from the cooler lines 2 days later, anyway after driving vehicle had a rough idle but after a normal drive then letting sit it would run horrible, assumed it was bad intake gasket, also slight smoke and coolant smell. Drained Coolant from lower rad hose, Removed upper intake and found coolant in my Number 4 cylinder head, sitting on top of the valves, note system drained nothing in intake when removed. Took no chances, pulled both head and found cracks, installed new gaskets, reman heads, felpro permatorque gaskets, all torqued to spec, cleaned egr, installed screen gasket, new intake gaskets, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, both new coolant sensors, vehicle runs great at idle, no signs of burning coolant, no smell, no coolant loss, timing at 0 btdc with est disconnected, vehicle has great power when cold, after 2-3 mins of driving, slowly gets worse, idle is rough but not unmanageable, slowly loses power until you can stand on throttle and not move. spider showed no signs of leaking, no coolant in oil/vice versa, any suggestions?

sounds like fuel issue to me. maybe fuel pump is making enough pressure to run for a while but not maintaining pressure. maybe pump goin bad? maybe clogged fuel filter?

Thanks Chuck,

I ran a pressure test on the cooling system which was ok, and also a combustion leak detection on the system both OK, was thinking possible catalytic failure. Gonna run fuel gauge to windshield and drive tomorrow, if pressure good I guess check cat.

Appreciate the input
    No blazer here :(

Fuel pressure seems to flucuate over 60 on throttle and at 59-60 at idle, seems good, cat was melted in the front of the cat, hollow out, runs much better but still stumbles, o2 bad without code?
    No blazer here :(

gotta have a good 02 sensor, they are pretty cheap for first gens. for sure try that.