Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Guy: "1989 GMC Jimmy S15 Project"

This was my new exhaust that I had installed on the Jimmy when I completed the first engine build...

Should be able to click on video and it automatically play.
    Last edited by Ansin529; 08-30-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm"

I am in the process of painting the entire interior black. I just modified my reverse lights so that they are now operational when I flip a tiny toggle switch I beside my floor shifter. I also installed a tiny green led to let me know when they are illuminated. It is my dummy light lol.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm"

I am interested in the "Suicide Hood Modification", however I need photographs to supplement the directions. I guess I am a dummy without photographs. Does anyone know where I can locate a thread that still contains photographs? A future purchase was going to be a cowl induction hood and I was wondering if this modification will prevent this purchase?

There's a how to one here. The only issue you have with the hood you want to buy is going to be mounting the hood hinge to that kind of hood. I haven't had but the metal hood and it works great for the mod.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

i still have all the pictures from the write up on my cardomain page, the link is below in my sig. i can help ya out with whatever questions ya have about it
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

That's who did it, I couldn't remember.

Check out my ride.

Once I do my homework, I am gonna try your mod out... I guess it is a few trips to the junk yards to gain the parts needed eh...

its alot simpler than it may look, once ya get a set of hinges it doesnt take that long to do...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

It's really easy to do and cheap to do too.

Check out my ride.

Update:

My 420-430hp engine has put my transmission to the ultimate test...

My transmission burnt up yesterday. I managed to drive it home locked in second gear... GRRR...

Quote Originally Posted by Ansin529 View Post
    wow, that seems like alot of trouble to go through, in the mid 90's I dropped a nice 305 in my blazer and all I had to do was remove radiator and condenser and hood it fit nicely with stock mounts.what is that you got in it 305,350,383? yours is the same year as my current blazer, came with the digital dash (decided to keep that in it because it looks cool when your stoned) but that is one sweet ride you have, great work!

Thanks for the compliment. It is a built 355 I just finished. It is ready for anything that I may want to throw at it. The transmission however, bit the dust
    after a month of driving. I didn't have to tear front end apart, but it sure made the second engine install easier.

P.S. I noticed some of my photographs disappeared. I am not sure why. I haven't modified my photobucket account. "Strange"

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    photobucket sometimes does weird shit on its own.

And i agree, pulling the front clip makes life so much easier. Its only a couple extra bolts to have a lot of extra room and a more sensible work angle to drop the motor in.

Yeah it does, it's way easier to do a swap without the front end. I've always pulled mine in the past.

Check out my ride.

me too
    Build Thread