Thread: anyone have a bagged 2gen 4dr? pics of your rear setup?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

anyone have a bagged 2gen 4dr? pics of your rear setup?

I have a 4dr 2nd gen blazer. it was originally 4wd but I removed the front diff. and transfer case and used a 2wd trans. I know, I know "why'd you lower a 4x4", "why not sell it and get a 2wd"...I've heard them all. 2wd 4dr is very rare in Canada. I'm not switching to a 2dr cause I have a small child and the extra door is more convenient..

Now that that's outta the way, I'm looking to see what some ppl have done with their rear setups. also, if anyone else has bagged a 4dr that was originally 4wd, what did you do about bagging the front.

I was wondering, since I have removed the front diff and there are no axles there, could I make a pocket in the frame, plate the lower control arm, and run it like that? Can anyone see an issue with that? Not enough room?won't lay frame?

Bump...nobody has any pics?

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    The frames of a 2wd and 4wd from the middle of the frame forward are completely different. Just putting a 2wd trans in doesn't really help things. I had a lowered 4 dr 4wd. Found and bought a clean 2wd 4dr and swapped the bodies. And bagged and bodies the 2wd then. and made the 2wd body on the 4wd frame my daily.

2wd frame

4wd frame

This is my rear set up

And my front

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I may be able to. It's been about 5 years since I've worked on mine so I'll do what I can.
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    The frames of a 2wd and 4wd from the middle of the frame forward are completely different. Just putting a 2wd trans in doesn't really help things. I had a lowered 4 dr 4wd. Found and bought a clean 2wd 4dr and swapped the bodies. And bagged and bodies the 2wd then. and made the 2wd body on the 4wd frame my daily.

2wd frame

4wd frame

This is my rear set up

And my front

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, I may be able to. It's been about 5 years since I've worked on mine so I'll do what I can.
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

2wd 4drs are as rare as a matching numbers a/c Cobra in Canada lol. if I were to swap the front half of a frame, could I use a 95 2wd s10 frame? Would everything bolt up properly? Would it matter if it was a 2.2 or 4.3 truck?

One person suggested making some tubular upper control arms, relocating the shock from the center to the side, and doing a torsion bar delete setup. Basically the same thing you'd do with a Nissan hardbody