Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think im shutting down the website

I think im shutting down the website

Spam, lack of interest, lack of activity

doesn't make much sense to keep it going

maybe we can just move the discussion over to facebook

Thoughts?
    this is a test of the sig

Man, first time I've logged in in a loooooooong time and this is what I see! I was getting on the see how active this was and to see how good of a chance I had to trade some bagging for lowering gear. I can see why you would want to close her up, but it's still a sad feeling even with the lack of traffic. This site has been a link to my high school days and was truly the start and deciding factor of everything I love automotive. I didn't have anyone in my teen days that was into vehicles, so everything I have bandwagoned has come solely from this site. I now own a Typhoon and a bagged blazer that is 100% at fault of this site and it's members! I would be game for a FB transfer. It's hard to let it go though!
    8================D

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    it seems im about the only person updating anything these days. SHitty, but i certainly can see why you are coming to that decision.

yeah I have mixed emotions ,I mean I still have and love my blazer(s)

but whats the point of a forum if there's no discussion

the trucks are old, they are hard to find nowadays, not many new enthusiasts coming about

people like me and you, we're getting old and life is changing. I'll be 37 this week...we're talking about 15 years almost

im partly to blame, I kind of lost interest in running the site years ago and never maintained it much or improved it.

The spam is annoying and virtually unstoppable

would hate to see all the good info just vanish though
    this is a test of the sig

The spam has gotten out of control here and elsewhere. Really a shame that there are more threads started by spam than members.

I stop in every day, but haven't had much to contribute as of late other than deleting the unwanted posts.

The good info is the main loss. I've connected with most of the people I know from Blazin Low elsewhere and have plenty of sources for new info.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

Im still here almost daily even tho my blaz has been put on the backburner, so i havent had much to contribute either. I understand your decision as well and dont blame you. Will hate to see it go as well, this community had a huge part to play in building my blaz over the years. There has been some valuable info over the years that will be a shame to loose. I dont use FB but i know there are others on some other forums still i can connect with. Best of luck to you all. And a big thank you to Blazin Low for all you have done for all of us over the years!!
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

I'd hate to see all the information go away. I've sold of my 90 S-15 and purchased an 07 TBSS. Just recently started thinking about getting an older 2 door Blazer to play with. I know you wanted to keep this forum on the blazer side of things and not move towards Trailblazers but I could see that bringing more conversations and also help keep the information for 1st gens available. I've been playing around with the notion of starting my own forum for Trailblazers and recently purchased TBSS.club domain for that very reason. Just some thoughts on keeping the site alive. It will definitely be a sad day when I get a 404 error code when going to BlazinLow.com
    90 S-15 4.3 5spd Ext cab
    Premier Stereo - (4) 12" - Pioneer Premier 1241C - (1) Alpine MRVT1507 - (2) Alpine MRVT407 - Phantom grill - MSD Ignition - MIC Front bag setup - 15" Progressive Alloys - Shaved emblems and antenna - Tailgate skin - Steel Rollpan

2007 Trailblazer SS 6.0 V8 (3SS)
    Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS w/ GPS module - Massive Audio D800.4 - Diamond Audio SXP65s Front Components - Diamond Audio Convertible Rears - Viper 5901 w/SmartStart - SuperChips FlashPaq

www.SPLAudio.com

Still check on the forum almost everyday. Seems the best history of my blazer is here on this forum. I'm about to pull the motor and do a cam swap.

I can understand if you shut it down. When I click on the link I always have the thought now if I will get the "page not found" message
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

I still check in and this has been my home since I got into the use of forums. I'd really hate to see it go. I can understand the reason behind it. But there is alot of info left on here and I still use some of it. I'm 40 now but age is nothing but a number. But do what you feel should be done. If it's the cost of the site I've always helped with some of it. May not have been much but done it anyways. Just hate to see it go. It's just facebook and the groups that has made things the way they are.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Hmmm...
    Last edited by Rapid Ron; 05-21-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

I understand Mike. I too check the forum often but don't have much to contribute, even though I still have (and cherish) my blazer. I think Fakebook has killed many a forum for discussions. Personally I don't Fakebook, but that's just me. Hard to think of Blazinlow as a "dead horse". On a side note the whole "minitruck" scene has changed IMO, in the Midwest anyway.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

I've been noticing alot more rides lately in my area. It does seem like when I go to a show some minitrucks do show up. So it's not dead just changed. I like the forums here way more then facebook. But I post in all kinds of places. I cherish my ride and the people that have helped me learn what I have to make alot of it possible.

Check out my ride.

sad to see it go,
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

anyone wants to add me on facebook
    mike maguire mike.e.maguire@gmail.com
    just let me know you're from here
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

Well I was going to add you but when I looked you up i found a few with your name. If anyone wants to add me on there look for me at www.facebook.com/layitlo.

Check out my ride.