Thread: Up grading first gen brakes to second gen. brakes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Up grading first gen brakes to second gen. brakes

I'm restoring my 87 2dr 2wd blazer for a daily driver, auto with 3.4 engine,dynomax cat back. I just installed the 2000 7.6 disc brake rear and with a little research found out the 2000 front disc can be swapped. Just wondered if anyone use the master cyl and vacuum booster from a second gen. I also have a first gen with a sbc that's getting a disc brake 8.5 rear and the LS1 front brakes ...but that's another project.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    I've got a rear out of an 02 with disc and have been running my stock master and booster. I did pull apart the internal valve in the prop valve. I'll be swapping to 98+ front brakes as my nmom st project. you should be fine running the stock master

Just thought if they were a direct fit it wouldn't hurt to upgrade with the newer parts. It probably won't be hard to figure out by comparing them and taking a few measurements.
    Last edited by HARD DRIVER; 04-12-2016 at 06:20 AM.

From what I remember, it does not bolt up. I believe the booster rod has a different end for the brake pedal. The master doesn't work on the older booster either.

I have 2nd gen blazer discs front and rear with the stock master and booster. Changed the proportion valve to a disc/disc. Works fine
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me