Thread: Hardtop Replacement?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hardtop Replacement?

I'm curious if anyone has attempted this !?

Crazy as it sounds , i've found a wrecked Ty, and its hardtop is damaged an so i'm considering if its worth my time and effort to salvage in efforts of price/labor.

Also i've searched around online for info for this , only to yeild little to no info. Even for 82-92 s10 blazers. Any provided links would also be helpful.
    Thanks again for you time.

was it a rollover or did something fall on it? how bad is the damage to the roof? the roof should be fairly easy to replace since the body is same as any 1st gen 2dr. just make sure you brace up the interior before ya cut it off.
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Dragon View Post
    was it a rollover or did something fall on it? how bad is the damage to the roof? the roof should be fairly easy to replace since the body is same as any 1st gen 2dr. just make sure you brace up the interior before ya cut it off.
    Tbh its looks like a combination of both , the top-center section of the windsheild area seems to be the biggest area affected. and maybe a portion of the pass side pillar, so i may as well say both pillars should be replace to keep it uniform. Doors appear a slight bit tweaked but nothing a fresh set of doors can handle. And lastly some minor dings on the hood,grill & driver side fender. Besides those issues. its fairly solid, all the motor and interior are intact. = )

I was pretty sure a regular 2dr blazer top would work but i needed some opinions for others before i dive in. And would you by chance have any info on bracing methods i could view?
    Thanks again Nite Dragon

I would just get a donor blazer shell and swap the frame and interior to it.

with that much damage i agree with s10blaza, get a donor shell and swap it. would be easier and cheaper
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics