Thread: 2000 S-10 Blazer Tail Light Wiring Help.

2000 S-10 Blazer Tail Light Wiring Help.

1st Wow, been a few years since I've been here... Years ago, I used to send hours and hours here. I learned so much about Blazers and S10s here... But like a lot of folks, Marriage, kids , carriers, Divorce, moving, etc, all got in the way.

I've not driven my blazer in many years, as its been tucked away in my dads garage as I don't have one.. As (bad) luck would have it, he is moving and I had to bring it down here where I live... So I had to go up to the city and trailer it home last night.

Its had a lot of work done to it and some things were bastardized I'd say.

Several years ago, I had a Body shop put in 94 (I think Caddy) tail lights and they are having issues. When I parked it, I thought the brake lights worked, but not the tail lights. Could have been the other, now neither work.

I really want to work out some electrical issues and get her back on the road again.

Does anyone know where the actual tail light wires run and what colors they are for what?
    I need to track them from front to rear and see if there is a bad cut/Splice/Joint somewhere. I just have no idea where to start.
    Last edited by smullen; 11-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

check out this link. lots of good electrical info. check your ground connections first.
    http://v8s10.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=33298
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Dragon View Post
    check out this link. lots of good electrical info. check your ground connections first.
    http://v8s10.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=33298
    Wouldn't those only apply to 1st Gen? Mines a 2000 2nd Gen...

Also, what do you mean by check grounds? At the battery or where? I'm not mechanically inclined at all, so forgive my dumb questions...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

sorry didnt notice you had a 2nd gen, try this out. as for the grounds, there are ground connections in the harness wiring for your lights. if they are not connected or not making clean metal connections it could affect the lights.
    https://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1tj...gnal-help.html
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics