Thread: 2.8 Performance parts?!?!?

2.8 Performance parts?!?!?

I've got an 85 Blazer, with the tired 2.8, and leaking 700r4. It's 2wd. Since I am a lazy human, I'd like to throw around he option of pepping up the 2.8, instead of swapping in something else. Does anyone know where I can get some "Hi-Po" parts for my 2.8? Also, does anyone have a 'hopped-up' 2.8 or is it normal to just swap it?

the only thing i've seen for a 2.8 is a NOS setup. you can get it from JCWhitney

IF you NOS a 2.8, you're going to have major problems. The engine will eat it's self.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Actually, I was looking through Summit and I think it was crane cams who makes a cam kit with lifters for it. Now all I'd have to do is find a set of headers, an aftermarket intake, and I'll be in their.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Edelbroke makes a cam for it, and new intake manifolds for 2 or 4 barrel carbs. They also make a set of Chrome valve covers for them. I'm not sure, but they might even have heads for them too.

ALSO, I found a 3.1 STROKER KIT for chevy S10 2.8l v6 a while back. search around, you'll find all sorts of shiz-nit for it. Maybe if you keep the fuel injection you could get a chip. Even a K&N Air filter helps along with upgraded exhaust, but don't put a glass pak on it, you regret it in the long run, TRUST ME!

I found Headers for it once, but forgot the company. I to though about building up my 2.8, but I thought a 350 would be worth the work and more.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

i can tell u that i have done some of hops on the 2.8. i have put in camshaft. i got my from paw performance. it was the biggest cam i could find with out having one made. it was $95.00. i also put edelbrock intake manifold. it was a 2 peice intake. they also have headers.roller rockers from comp cams. u can 1.6 rockers. i put a holley 450 cfm manual secondaries carb on it. if i was u i would buy a msd 6a for it. i could tell i difference when put it on my blazer. i did all this when i put the the motor in. the little 2.8 also got forge piston in it. so i could throw some nos to it. there was other things i could do to it but v8 is going in the spring. all the stuff that i did to it surprised alot rs camaro and mustangs. the rearend gears was changed from 3.42 to 4.10 it woke it up alot. i spent just as much to hop it up. i could of had a v8

here is a web page that has a bunch of preformance ideas for 2.8 2.8 performance and Fageol makes a supercharger for the 2.8 also
    87 Chevy Blazer 2dr 2wd (lowered daily driver)
    86 GMC Jimmy 2dr 2wd (bagged soon to be bodydropped)
    86 Chevy Blazer 2dr 2wd (Project)

Thanks for all your help. With a vehicle like this there are so many ways to go with modification that it makes it hard for me to decide. When I had my mustang, I ended up putting everything on it, and spent over $20k. It only dynoed at 425hp and 440lb-ft of torque, but it had huge brakes, expensive rubber and wheels, then the suspension and chassis modifications were for setup for road racing. I'm afraid I'll go nuts on this blazer, but I just have to remember to have patience. Of course if someone is selling something I can't pass up then I'll have to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...289229&r=0&t=0

this is about as good as it gets for the crappy 2.8
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!