Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 removal

4x4 removal

i wanna get rid of my 4x4 components on my 85 blazer, and i wanted to know how hard a job its gonna be, what i need to do, and how much its gonna cost me. cuz my major concern is that its gonna cost me more then the 4x4 lowering kit is gonna cost me. plus...does a 2wd kit cost less then a 4wd kit? tips would help alot. thanx

I use to run this shit- TUCKINRIMINS10's Avatar
    you can lower a 4x4 way cheaper then a 2wd
    Don't Buy anything from uglyjed.. What a -fuckbag- he is.

how much cheaper are we talkin about ?
    check out the oil my cadillac spills

Well how low do you want to go??

i want 4inches but u can only go 3 on 4x4

Na you can go for even 5 6 and 7 well for the back if you want to get a cheap fast lowered blazer go with blocks 4 inch from beltec you can get them at autoparts stores. for the front look up under the search area for T-Bar trick!!!

true but doesnt that hurt the ride quality?

well the back wont hert at all I had mine that way and it was a nice ride. The front might be a little bumpy. but you can also crack your front end down then that will leave about 3 or 4 inch drop PM S10blazed he knows alote about this shit!!

im definately goin with blocks in the back, but im not too sure on the front yet. see i wanna put in coils

k i looked at the tbar trick, but it says u can lower the front from 5.5 to 6.5 inches, i wanna try to keep my car level. but i wanna keep the car at 4 inches, cuz then i can get larger rims. so then this means i cant do the tbar trick??

look in the suspensoin forum "how to lower your 4x4 cheap" they talk about a method of drilling ahole in the crossmember below the keys so you can put a bolt in it and remove the block to alow the keys to rotate down more if you put the bolt 1/2 inch below and outward of the d-shapped hole you will get a 3-4 inch drop, before i got my bags i replaced the block with two 10mm bolts side by side in each of the d shapped holes and it lowered my truck 3 inches

as for the 4x4 removal its a pain in the ass if you have your engine in if your not into racing and you dont want a huge drop then leave it in it will be better if its all hooked up if you ever sell it, if your having vibration problems because of the 4x4 stuff then remove the front drive shaft and it should be fine

ive started thinking about a 5" drop, since it would look nicer and it would even out with the tbar trick, as long as i wont have to deal with any problems...

I can't see ya having driveline vibrations from the front driveshaft since it won't change from stock when you lower it. If anything binds it will be the CV shafts. CAUTION: If you plan on removing these, you have to put the stub part that slides into the wheel bearring back in. If you don't, the wheel bearring will sepperate and your wheels will fall off. I don't condone removing 4wd, but if you must atleast do it safely.
    94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3, solid axle D44/9", spring over, 33" MT's
    88 Blazer 2dr, 4.3, 4x4, baby crap two tone, future plans include swaybars, AWD, lowering 3", and eventually a V8.

i have an 85 4x4 or did at least putting in coils would be a major pain in the ass.. i gutted my 4x4 shit and made it 2wd but thats so i could fit a small block in there without all the weight and extra shit to work around. that was pretty easy i just pulled it all out cut off the brackets and shit and cvs go into a solid dish thing so you don't have to worry bout shit getting into bearings i thought that they might be hollow for the shaft but they arent they are solid.