Thread: what should i use?

what should i use?

allright, today we got our first snowfall (f**k) and i was just wondering what mode of 4x4 i should use when i'm driving around. (high, low, etc) i heard you arn't supposed to use it when your driving around the city but i kind of need to because we get a lot of snow. so which should i use?

4 wheel hi. 4 wheel low is for pullin someone out of the mud or climbing hills.
    4500 hp 392 TBI
    14" Foose "Spank 5's"
    Shaved windshield mod
    124 pump hydro setup with 7-link
    Blue paint finally

Your not actually supposed to use 4HIGH on the road cuz it will cause you to fish tail even more than if you had just 2wd on. If you have to go up a steep hill, or an icy patch, then put it in 4wd. Other wise try and leave it outta 4HIGH..and never use 4LOW cuz that's more for climbing rocks, steep mountainous terrain, mud puddles etc..it's a granny gear (so to speak).

Have you guys got snow already?

Nate

2 wheel bro an do some rally style drivin thats the whole fun of rear wheel drive :D
    My mom said I could be what ever I wanted to be when I grew up.........I wanted to be an asshole

Click here for more info on my ride

Click here to see some railin video

yeah, we got a bit today. it's so depressing. i had all these plans for the day like sanding up my truck and putting on some primer but i woke up, looked out the window and it's snowing. so i just went back to sleep. and my bro's bmw is in the garage right now so i can't put it in there to work on it. this sucks dude

I just saw you were in Calgary :rofl: You should move up to Edmonton its beautiful up here. You can keep the snow down south. Just kiddin hope the weather gets better for ya.
    My mom said I could be what ever I wanted to be when I grew up.........I wanted to be an asshole

you guys don't have snow. well i guess that makes up for your horrible football team. just joking man. but yeah i just checked the weather and it's supposed to get better for tomorrow. maybe i'll get some painting done

People who run in 2wd in snowy weather piss me off. They're slow asses are going 10MPH while their speedo reads 50MPH. They refuse to get the hell out of my way.
    By the way, 4wd fishtailing more than 2wd is stupidest thing I ever heard.
    94 Blazer 4dr, 4.3, solid axle D44/9", spring over, 33" MT's
    88 Blazer 2dr, 4.3, 4x4, baby crap two tone, future plans include swaybars, AWD, lowering 3", and eventually a V8.

I got a 2wd winter beast and trust me i dont do 10 mph :D

You must not do a lot of 4x4ing on twisty roads or on the street. When you're in 4wd you fish tail a lot cuz you're being pulled. If you are in 2wd usually your frontend will slip causing you to slid sideways and off the road. But on another note, drive with 4wd in the rain is completely different. I fished tail back and forth 3 times almost going in circles in 2wd around a corner and I was only going about 20..it was rather fun.

But also, the my dad's old 4x4 has posi front and back factory so I don't remember if that's why it was worse or better..?? There's a local highway where it snow and are hundreds of crashes a year, but we take our Jimmy up it doing 120kph in 2wd and in the snow....I don't find a point in driving really slow in the snow if you don't have too..lol

Nate