Thread: Bags And Gas Tanks

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Exclamation Bags And Gas Tanks

I have heard if you bag a s10 blazer and lay frame the wheels or rear will roll back into the gas tank. is that true? i want to bag my blazer and lay frame (NOT ROCKERS... yet). and I don't want side to side or duel 1/2 ports and jump. I also don't want soom massive compresser and tank that i could hook my paint gun up to (I've seen it done) just want to lower it when I park, Maybe a front and back kit or do they make a kit that runs a fore at once and just pancake out? What is the best way to do this? What mods are needed (C-notches, etc.)? What kits use less welding? and best prices for all this?:confused: :confused: :confused:I want that... Psst... GOTBAGS?
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    don't be shy... ANY HELP PLEASE!
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

I'm not shy, I just don't know shit about it. I would have to look at it I guess.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

You shouldn't have any problems with your tank like that. You will have bigger problems like notching enough to lay frame. That's a bitch.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I have bags in the rear. I'm about an inch off the ground with 3" lowered leafs and a 4" block. I am also running 20's in the rear but the only problem I have is the crossmember that hold the gas tank and muffler. it needs to be notched. I don't know of any kits for the rear. my setup was custom made by friends of mine they rana bridge across the leaf shackles to hold the bags and another on the frame up top to hold the bags. this way the body doesn't have to be cut into. SlimGu3 is right about the notch though it is hard to do, its not like the truck that you just take the bed off and do it.everything had to be done from underneath.

Do you have a reinforced c-notch or a full step notch? Your running mono-leaf, right?

its a reinforced c-notch, I'm running the 3" dearched set of leafs, but plan on running a custom 4 link as soon as I can get some time of from work.

Oh sweet.
    I forgot to tell you, than an easy way to notch a crossmember is to cut & weld a half of a peice of steel 1/4" pipe that's lat least 5" in diameter. Is your pumpkin running into that crossmember?

the crossmember I'm talkin about is just ahead of the axle. My driveline rubs on it when I try and drive it dropped. I'm still high enough up front that I don't drag my frame when its all the way down (yet, maybe after the front is bagged I'll be layin frame):D .It doesnt look like its to difficult to notch but just don't have time to do it.