Thread: i have squeeks alllllll over !!!!!!

i have squeeks alllllll over !!!!!!

When i got my blazer it had a small oil leak that has been taken care of but from the leak there was lots of build up from the oil and dirt. so i had this great idea to power wash all the shit out and see what i had to work with. after completing my great idea i was left with a front end filled with all kinds of squeks. does anyone know if the power washing was thte cause of the squeeks?

i have had two blazers (a 93 and 94) and they both squeek in the front

does it squeek a lot in the front when you go over bumps because if it does than you may need new ball joints

yes but when i lowerd it i put in new balljoints and bushings and sway bar ends

All depends on where they're comming from. When was the last time you greased your bushings? What about all your fittings?
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

every 3000 miles

yea all the time over bumps and everything. its gotta be the ball joints and all

Spray some rust penetrant where the coil springs seat on the upper tower and lower control arm. Bet thats it!!!!!!
    Here are the major mods to my truck!

88 s15 jimmy. 17" rims. 5/6 drop, notched, full ground FX, Shaved roof rack, door handles, rear wing, tailgate, bumper, one bad ass 4.3 TBI, Bulletproof 700R4 tranny, Rear disc brakes, posi, Completely tweeded out!, Honda prelude buckets, Sweet Kicker/Alpine sound system......... AND NO TVs OR AIR!

i changed the ruber pads that go in between the coils and it still sqeeks on both blazers that i have owned

I know this will be a mission on lowered trucks, but have a buddy simulate bumps by pushing your truck up and down and with a long screwdriver put it on the parts you think squeek and put the other end to your ear and it amplifies sound so when the sound gets loudest you know thats the spot. Be careful I was doing that screwdriver thing under the hood one day and I was checking for pulley noise and the screwdriver hit the fan belt and almost took my ear off!
    Here are the major mods to my truck!

88 s15 jimmy. 17" rims. 5/6 drop, notched, full ground FX, Shaved roof rack, door handles, rear wing, tailgate, bumper, one bad ass 4.3 TBI, Bulletproof 700R4 tranny, Rear disc brakes, posi, Completely tweeded out!, Honda prelude buckets, Sweet Kicker/Alpine sound system......... AND NO TVs OR AIR!