Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More of a drop for my 4X4

More of a drop for my 4X4

I have already lowering my 4X4 jimmy 3" front and rear with the bell tech kit. I was wondering how to bring it down 1-2 more inches. I think i can use a 2" block in the rear, but how can i lower the front more. And will this further lowering give me a really bumpy ride? This is a daily driver.

I was told that all i need to do is remove two bolts by the torsion key, and that will lower the front 1-2". Does anyone wanna comment as to whether this is a good or bad idea.

The most you can possibly get out of the belltech kit is 3"-4" in the front. That is with the adjuster bolts removed. The 1"- 2" measurement is how much drop u will get if you remove the adjuster bolts with the stock keys on. So if u have a 3" drop u probably already have the adjuster bolts removed right? You can go farther but modifications will have to be made.

I'm not sure, i saw what i thought was the bolts hanging vertically underneath the car. It was in the center of the car about 1 1/2 feet rear of the front axle, and the bolts were about 6" apart. Does this sound right???

Here is a pic of the two bolts im lookin at
    Attached Images Attached Images

NO NO NO nutin like that. they will be on the crossmember which goes from one side of your blazer to the other side. the bolts should be facing straight down too.

ok this pic is the torsion bar going thru the crossmember. the key is removed in it. hope it helps

Yea thats the wrong bolts MD those look like tranny crossmember bolts or somthin. So obviously you didnt do your belltech kit yourself but the torsion keys are about in the middle of the truck just inside of the frame.

okay, i guess i'll go back under the car and take another look, if and let you guys know what i find

Look under your truck like right at the back of the front doors. Youll see a bar on each side going from the front to where your looking. At the end of the bar there should be a hex bolt hanging down. I just loosened it, i didnt take out the bolt completly, I didnt knwo if it were safe or not

OK, thanks, I'm gonna check it out this afternoon and get back on and let you all know

Ok, hopefully i found the correct bolts this time. Check the pic to help me verify. If these are the right bolts, all i have to do is losen to the desired height or completely remove the bolts, with no other modification??

Yep you got it....those are the ones and ur exactly right either remove them or take them down to the desired height... One question though...how long ago did u get ur belltech kit installed? those look like stock keys

got it installed like 8 months ago

Oh idk they look kinda rough to me but i guess theyll get bad lookin over time...haha what the hell im talkin about the appearence of torsion keys...wow :gay: