Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More of a drop for my 4X4

taking out those bolts definately wont mess anything up right?? also, what exaclty cause the truck to lower by taking them out, will the ride be noticeably less smooth?

Personally i have not done the belltech drop yet so if anyone who has can give him better information please do but....no it will not mess anything. What it is the belltech keys have a different hex pattern that allows the torsion bar to turn more and then the more u take the bolt down the more the key turns the torsion bar so in essence the more the torsion bar turns the lower the front of your truck will be. If you remove the bolt completely the key will rest on a stopper and will not allow the key the torsion bar to turn anymore. The most drop you can get with the belltech keys without making any mods is about 3"- 4". As for the ride quality as i said i personally have not done it yet so i cant really comment but im sure it is not bad at all considering your only goin down 3-4 inches and your doing it in a recommended manner. As long as you go with nitro drop shocks or some other comprable drop shock it should be pretty close if not as good or better than stock. Any more questions lemme know

i losened those bolts today and got the front end down about 1/2 inches and it looks about where i want it. Somebody told me today that i cant use a block bigger than 1inch for the rear because the bumpstop is too big, is this accurate? i really want 2" blocks for the rear so i can lay flat, i have a wicked lean close to 2" right now.

Do you have the belltech lowering leafs installed?

you'll need about 5 inches to hit your bumpstops in the back. no posible unless u have that

I loosed the bolts and put in 2 in blocks and I noticed a big difference in my ride quality. I feel every single bump in the road. It also corners much better though. Win some, lose some

well, it will be about 5" because i have 3" drop leafs alread, and i wish to lower it 2 more inches. i have a total of nearly 5" in the front right now.

u should probly at least cut down your rear bumpstops if ya dont remove them.

i meant that i got 1 1/2 inches by losening those bolts

Wait you got 5 inches up front from the belltech kit with the bolts removed no other modifications?

well actualy thats about wut i got too. 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches

Was that a response to me or MD

yeah, i have close to a 5" drop up front right now just from the bell tech kit and losening those bolts, and it looked like i could have kept losening and gotten even more. but i need to bring my back down a few inches before i think about dropping the fropnt more, plus i dont even know if i would want to because i dont want my tires rubbing, i only have 1" of clearance right now

Wow thats good for the belltech kit. You have a 97 though so you be able to get the front down a little more on 2nd gens than on 1st gens but i cant really see how.

yeah, i dont even really get how it works, i just found those bolts, cranked em down a few times and here i am 2" lower than before