Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More of a drop for my 4X4

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    The Belltech drop is as low as you can go and still get the camber alligned. If you go any lower than the Belltech drop you will need to figure out a way to move the lower ball joints in or the upper ones out. It can be done, but takes some serious creativity. Also, there will be an extreme degree angle strain on the upper ball joints any lower than a 5" drop on the front. You can fix this by putting the left upper control arm on the right side up-side-down and vise-versa.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

has anybody performed the bolt trick i was thinkin bout doin it this week and i was just wonderin if anybody else has done it
    PICS OF MY TRUCK AT http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjs_04
    My old truck www.cardomain.com/id/rjs04
    DONT BE A FAG.... HIT SOME SWITCHES AND DRAG!!!!

the whole bolt trick? the one thats gives you the whole 6-7 inches?? if so i can get some piks of it done. two of my buds got it done

anyone have a pic of a newer 2 door blazer with just the 4x4 belltech drop kit in it. I am trying to find one for my 99 blazer but can't find anyone that carries it above a 97 blazer. any answers why?

thanks
    -Nathan-

Ok -- I've read the post on blazinlow's forums, and it does sound like I could lower my 2000 4x4 easier than a 2wd for the same drop height, but there are a couple of questions....

1) the Belltech kit only list blazer apps up to the 97 model year, but S10 pickup apps to 2001 -- 2 different part numbers for the kits -- 3914 for blazer, and 3916 for pickup.

2) will having my suspension set lower bother the universal joints on my front drifeshafts any? Put any extra stress on them? And what about the lower ball joints, which are notoriously weak ont hese trucks anyway.

I'm thinking a 3 inch drop and 18 inch rims should get me the stance I want for a daily driver, but I need some input.....

LAtes,
    JUNKY

Any kind of drop will put more stress on the ball joints but 3 inches shouldnt affect them that much

exactly

I read somewhere on the sight that something about the thing saying it stopped in 97. From what i got out of the post is that the suspensions tayed the same. SOmething like belltech check it out that last time in 97 or stopped making the kit in 97 or something along those lines so they can't claim it works with the newer ones

ANSWER!!!!

I called up belltech today boys.... no good... they stopped making the kit for blazers after 1997. They made a few for 1998 but then stopped for some reason. Someone on this forum has a 98 kit.

I also asked if the 97 kit would work on the newer models.. and he said no. it is different.

Then I asked him if this kit was going to be made for the newer models and he said YES, when? well he thinks the process will start sometime after the first of the year. Hopefully being completed by spring.

Not the answers I wanted to hear but at least they are thinking about making the kit. So it will be made. just can't say when.

later
    -Nathan-