Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: v8 conversion ?

v8 conversion ?

the 305 i got for my conversion is complete with all the accesaries. i want to run shorty headers but i heard you cant use a stock column shifter. is this true? also my blazer is a stick so what kind of tranny crossmember works with a th 350 tranny? someone please let me know.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

WESSSIDE GAME PLAYAH!! 91_blazer's Avatar
    im lost... your blazer now has a manual tranny? and your putting a turbo 350 in?
    -Roby
    2wd 91 blazer
    3.42 rear end
    4.3 TBI
    5-5 drop on the way with my 18 inch American Racing Nooz rims that i just got on...

its a 5 speed, but i got another steering column for free from a friend and it has the column shifter. i would love to use this column because i have plans of building a center console that will go al the way up to the dash. the question i had is conserning the linkage being in the way if i use the column shifter.

Mine was a 5 speed and i went auto too for a while. As far as headers go, I'f you aint got the money, go with teh cheapy's from headman that wrap around your steering column. If you can afford them, go with the ones from Sanderson. Much better quality and will last. I used my stock tranny crossmember, and just had to drill out a larger hole for the mount. I used a ratchet shifter from B&M mounted on the floor. I've heard that getting the shifter linkage to work with a v8 swap is the hardest part. With my shifter, it was a cable, so no fuss. I loved it, cause I couldn't miss a gear when I was killin some ricers. But I broke my tranny, and but the original 5 speed back in. That has held up till I put it way for the winter. Im in the process of getting a 6 speed now.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Ya know the funniest part. Is that you replied to like 15 of his posts on his motormounts. And every single post is basically the same.

Was it worth it?
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Creative Genius
    It's amazing how copy and pasting the same post in every thread really makes you look like a moron... :D

8mpg, yes... yes it was. :bigthumb:

If it gets the point across to other people on the board, then yes, it was truly worth it
    ________
    LSV
    Last edited by I8A4RE; 03-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.

is brisco human or a robot that hears motor mount and puts the same post up?

whats with the motor mount kits i make my own but i like my motor to sit back 6 inches or more so i get a beter weight transfer when i launch

I have my stock colum shifter on my turbo 350... I dont like it but i have it...
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Talking can anyone tell me if I have to take my front clip off to put my 350 in?

:rofl:

Cool

no not really.as long as it is just the motor without the ps.alt, and starter you will be fine.i put one in with the motor and trans together.it was tricky but it worked fine.a friend told me to take the front off too, but i did it without doing that.as for the crossmember i used the stock one and no problems mounting it to the trans.the trans that you need it the 350 turbo 9 inch tail so that you can use the stock driveshaft.a 350 6 inch you will need to have a shaft made longer.

project STANG KILLER

Thanks, I think this site is gonna come in a lot of use for future references, so what do u drive BigBadRat?

s-1
    i drive a 1993 s10 pickup 2wd.it is 2.8,st,3.73 posi.will soon be a 350 motor with a 700r4 trans.i have corvette ralleys with 275/60/15's on back and the 2.8 fries them up with no problem.i will call it project (STANG KILLER) or (PONY SLAYER).not sure yet.:D

BigBadRat
    Cool, I drive a 91 S-10 with a 2.8, belltech 3" lowering kit, Eastcoats Customs Bodykit, 15'' Polished Eagle alloys, and buckets out of Honda Prelude..........Im plannin on puttin a 350 in mine too with a 350 turbo tranny, but the 5 speed 2.8 did do a mean smokeshow though!