Thread: Body Drop

Body Drop

Has anyone done a full 2-3" bodydrop themself? Ireally want to do one but I puss out when it comes to that much chopping. Anyone that can help!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

non posting whore
    i wouldnt do it urself there is alot involved. mike from motion three is doing my bd. im goin with a 5 and a half inch bd this winter. even now layin frame it still sits high. anyways what kinda ride do u have slimgu3?
    Motionthree.com (610) 960-2921

5 1/2! Damn, your not going to have any head room! If I had a truck, I would have already done it but, a blazer has alot more floor to screw with. Anyway, I have the smaller 255C's up front and the new rolling sleeves in back. 1/2" line with 3way MIC manual valves. Front Left/Right and back up/down. I want to go solenoids but there so damn expensive! My next couple of pay checks are going to rims I hope.

how do you bd a blazer do you just make the guts inside higher or what
    taker easy if shes real easy taker twice

Anywhere the body connects to the floor or frame mounts, you cut apart. Lower the body 2-5" down and reconnect everything. Many places need extra fabrication. Souds simple huh?Yeah right!

Okay i got a few questions. Ihave a 96 4-door blazer. i want to do a body drop on it. Now, people have told me i cant do a body drop on it because its 4wd. I only want to do a modest one, about 2 1/2 inches. I already have a custom hood so i dont want to have to go out and buy another one just to fit my engine. If anyone could help me id be thankful. Next, the 4 door thing. i had an idea (which most people would say is stupid, but i havent seen it done yet) to weld my 2 back doors shut and put 2 door blazer seats in to let in passengers in the back. this isnt that important because the only people that ride in it for the most part are my girlfriend and i. I was wondering if this was at all possible(to weld the back doors shut) and if so how can it be done? Again, thanks for any help you can give me and reading your posts has helped me a lot on the road to customizing my blazer.

-John Tesauro
    "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering"

Ok first of all, people will always say "you cant bag, body drop, or or just drop a 4wd blazer" BULLSHIT! I hate hearing that. The fuels the passion I have behind my DROPPED/BAGGED 4wd. So don't listen to anyone. You can definately weld the back doors shut, then lotsa body work. As for the interior, you'll have to be very creative. That is TRUE custom.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar

May Be a Dumb Question

this might sound like a stupid question or a dumb thing to do but speaking about doors....is there anyway that I can make my 85 Blazer's doors open upwards...like Lamborghini's and like the car in Back To The Future? Sorry if its a stupid question But Im Just Wondering.
    Good Bye Blazer

Of coarse you can make you doors open like the my favorite Benz of all time, The Gullwing. It would be a matter of designing hinges that would mount in the little space up top and moving the latch down to the bottom. It would open with a mini-strut like the rear glass. I dont know how good that would look but i do know that that is REAL custom.

non posting whore
    nice photoshop body drop.how do u bd a truck with no bags or juice. did macco spray that mess for u, or u take credit for that?<onelow> psst got bags
    Motionthree.com (610) 960-2921