Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: different kinds of lift

I'm sorry, that was bad communications on my part. I didn't mean that it barely fits in there now...I meant that if it just barely fits in after I lift it, then that is okay. I have plenty of room now...I have probably a foot or so before my roof rack hits the door...

=X=

That's the truck in the pic I showed, except I only had the frontend pic.

4x4: aren't you the one who said a 6" lift sucked, in the other thread? And thought that truck was more...

Nate

i think a 6" lift on anything sucks because i like extreme things, trucks that drag, bigfoot, naked midget mud wrestling girls, and snuff films, stuff that normal guys like. 6 inches on a little truck doesnt look like much, 6 inches on a big truck looks almost stock! (assuming you upgraded to a little bigger tires)
    i have like 4 more pics of that truck and afew other blazers if anyone wants me to post em... and a 6 inch lift + 3 inch body lift = 9 inches of freedom
    im almost certain that the green 2 door blazer i posted pics of a long time ago is more than 6 inches, he stuffed like 33" superswamper thornbirds underneath it! if they aint 33" theyre 31", but eitherway, theyd rub like hell and more than likely would not fit on your blazer, ill go outside in alittle bit and check the tire sizes on my trucks and post em in a second, i think my yukon has 31" tires and my blazer has like 29.5 inch tires
    Last edited by 4x4; 10-23-2002 at 03:17 PM.

Doen't lifting your truck make it go slower, from take off to finish???
    Trancified

Come and help this s-series site grow!!!!

http://www.s10blazers.com

youre adding bigger tires to it man you gotta recalibrate your speedometer and anything else that measures anything by your tires/rims rotations, it wont be that big of a difference if you dont make a huge change, but your speed will be off by like, 2% or something small and stupid like that, so if youre going like 35mph youre really traveling at like 38mph, but it matters when youre doing 65 down the expressway and you get pulled over by a state trooper, and you honestly think you were doing the speed limit....... but who cares, if you go big dog style and get like, over 44" tires (which are relatively large) then you also need a relatively large engine to turn those oversized fuckers and not be slow as shit. theres more rotations per minute on a smaller tire than a bigger one, so think about that for a little while, and then realize how many things can be affected by it. ill try to find a chart later, its not too difficult to change your calibration settings- i believe its all computerized and can be changed thru messing with your vehicles computer. also, ive heard things that if the tires are too big your computer screws up and doesnt make your truck move! you wont have this problem on an old k-5 blazer or anything, but whatever, go figure. i could be wrong. on a futher note- what does speed matter, our trucks are slow as shit anyway and come with a 4 or 6 cylinder engine... how much do you want from a 4 or 6 cylinder? wait a minute, dont ask that question to someone whos into imports...

Man I just want my speed to be the same as it was stock if I lift 3-6 inches and put bigger but not humongous tires on it. I want to be able to fuck around and race red light to red light and still win some!
    Trancified

so just get a 6 inch lift the same size tires you got on right now (what are they? 28 inch or sometin?) with an aggressive tread and some nerf bars and youre all set to floss for hoes. its really simple, if you get carried away with jackin your truck up youll have to do a lot more mods to it. just get a mild lift (suspension kit) and rugged tires the same size as the stock ones. you wont have to modify shit.
    if you wanna smoke ricers (most of them anyway), then add an air intake system for an extra like 15 hp, a new exhaust system (the flowmasters would sound sweet and make your truck seem more brutal), and a supercharger when you have 3000 dollars to spare. but then again, you have a 6 cylinder. id be impressed if someone pumped out 350-375hp out of a 4.3
    Last edited by 4x4; 10-23-2002 at 04:18 PM.

i already plan on intake, exhaust, hypertech power programmer III, and lotsa body mods. I don't know about 24 inch rims, 17's would be good for me! But I don't want to be sloooow!!!!
    Trancified

the 24s on a jacked up ride was from another, misfortunate, post. thats already happend though, but ANYWAY
    you still thinkin bout jacking your shit up?
    i dont see how your truck would be that much slower, ive seen heavy duty off road trucks in my truckin and truckin suv magazines plenty of times, that are used for racing, and have 6 cylinder engines, and still run quarter miles in under 13 or 14 seconds with big ass tires on it. unless youre into offroad racing i dont htink many people would expect you to be eating mustangs for breakfast and hondas for lunch. if you got all those goodies you said, there wouldnt be that much difference, if any that id see in power. youd still feel the power. how many miles are on your blazer?

I figured I'd just throw out this little fact for the guy who didn't want to be slow. I used to own a 1989 camaro IROC-Z, with the 5.7 l (350) Tuned Port Injected engine. The only time I ever got absolutly skunked on the highway was by a big ass Dodge Ram.

-X-

I have 90,000 miles right now, but the stuff I'd do would be on a 2003 blazer 2 door or a 2003 dodge ram crew cab. Blazer would be 4wd, truck 2wd. I don't want fockin MUSTANGS to beat me EVER!!! Rice I don't care about as much, but absolutly NO stangs! I won't have the money to supercharge it, so it would be other 500 or less mods, maily bolt ons...maybe new headers
    Trancified

you ask a lot from a 6 cylinder and a heavy truck
    go with 2003 dodge ram with the biggest engine they got, lower it a bit and slap on some big rims, supercharge it and add all the other crap and i think you got a chance

lol for 500 or less youd better consult the blazinlow gurus of performance, make a post in that category on the forum i dont know anything else besides a supercharger thatll give you that much horsepower and torque to beat a mustang, a race car right out of the factory vs. a truck hmm

BTW 4x4, I'd really like to see those other lifted Blazers if you have the pics handy.

=X=