Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated!!!

Frustrated!!!

Agh!! I'm so frustrated with my truck, I wish I had enough knowledge it would be getting the 350 treatment right now.. In the past 9 months, these are the parts it has recieved.. Front Brakes, 2 front rotors, Lower Ball Joints, cap, rotor, EGR, catlytic converter, cat back exhaust, 2 windshields, and now, the fuckin water pump broke 2 weeks after I got it back from inspection! :blowup: I swear I wish I lived close to someone that could teach me and help me do the 350 RIGHT NOW.. And speaking of 350, I go to look at this 88 dime today with 53,000 miles on it, rough body (straigt but rust on doors, and all the quarter panels, and rust thru on the inside where the kick panels are) and it the worst need of a paintjob, all the paint pretty much worn off.. well, I get there and it says "Engine : V8-350" I thought oh.. I was thining less than $1000 now im thinking somewhere around $2000, so the prick comes out and tells me he wants $5800 plus he'll throw in a Maaco paint job of the color of your choice! I laughed and asked him what engine it had, he said 84 camaro carbeurated and I laughed again.. I wish I could get a picture of this thing, someone wouldnt pay him $5800 if he was selling 2 identical trucks for that sum!!! but on a lighter note, my tweed came today, looks pretty nice so im going ot attempt to tweed my interior pieces I have off while my truck is in the shop. Wish me luck!
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

harsh luck man. how did you go through 2 windshields in that short of a time?

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    well you could have save money and omitted the cats no-one needs those.

and if you lived near me i would sell you a 400 complete balancer to flywheel and pan to carb and headers for $300

and I'd even teach you how to install it and whatever else just cause I like your Bravada but you live to far away
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Aight man, here you go. Call up summit, and order all you need. I'll pick it up, and well have you doing AWD burn outs in no time, lol, J/k. You decide to do it, hollar. I'll help out. I've never done a AWD, or a EFI swap yet, but it will be a learning expericence. :bigthumb: How about an AWD LT1? Hmmm.... that sounds nice.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

how much did the pump cost and how much did it cost to have it installed? i went thru everything you did but in a matter of months, but without the windsheild problem or exhaust (however my exhaust did fall off but i put it back on.....), and then i had to get my u-joints replaced. real fun.

gblang - Bad luck I guess with the windshields.. Broke the first one 2 weeks after I got the truck, and had it replaced because it was cracking all the way across, then 2 weeks before going into inspection it cracked again by a big rock on the road, but my buddy let me pass anyways, but next year it will have to get replaced, and just when i put my blazinlow banner on :(

Blazer88FastNLo - well at least you like the Bravada!! I needed the cats to pass emissions, but thats the last time ill have to pass an emissions if my "bypass the odometer" plan works ;)

ZZ4Blazer - Me, you, and John (s10blazed) are going to have to have a little get together next summer so we can set in motion "Project 350 AWD" you two have way more expertise than I it would take me months to finish a swap. But with your expertise, im sure it would be relatively smooth! And, i'd be indebited to ya, so whatever you'd need id be there (I have an unlimited availability to any type of sheet metal, great for shaving :D)

4x4 - Water pump is like $25 or so, and its going to run my 50 for it to be installed.. but like I said, hopefully by this time next year ill be 350'in it down the road :bigthumb:
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

i'd help u with the 350... if i weren;t already helping someone else put a 383 in their blazer
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

Sweet. I'd help out just about any time that I could. I have to have 3 things though to make it happen

#1. Right tools
    #2. Couple of cold ones, preferrably bottles
    #3. Some jammin tunes.

With those 3, well have it done in a weekend, lol.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

i want to do the 350 to my truck i have the knowledge but no place to do it and i really dont want to do it in my driveway in freezing weather
    ________
    MAINE DISPENSARY
    Last edited by packofqtips; 04-10-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Sweet. I'd help out just about any time that I could. I have to have 3 things though to make it happen

#1. Right tools
    #3. Some jammin tunes.

when i get a v8 ill supply those 3 needs if you wanna help out.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

#1. Right tools
    #3. Some jammin tunes.

We can all meet at my house! I got those 3 things, plus I'm almost the halfway point. This sounds like fun now! I'm lookin forward to it.

damn, man where were all you guys when i set out to do my swap 5 months ago???? (which i'm still working on.......:( )

There just arent any nice people around here.... (well, duh, i live in Miami!!!!!)

move to cincinnati;)

please
    4500 hp 392 TBI
    14" Foose "Spank 5's"
    Shaved windshield mod
    124 pump hydro setup with 7-link
    Blue paint finally

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    There is a lot of nice people in Western, PA :D

Well, me at least.