Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated!!!

The Beauty of AWD
    Originally posted by S/T Lover

ZZ4Blazer - Me, you, and John (s10blazed) are going to have to have a little get together next summer so we can set in motion "Project 350 AWD" [/B]
    You better get started soon or I will beat you to the punch......whenever I get back from the BIG Sandbox across the sea I plan on doing a LT1/LT4 swap into my bravada, btw, I found a set of 97 Camaro rims for mine that I'm picking up this weekend.
    John
    John
    94 Olds Bravada AWD
    91 Olds Bravada AWD

Go for it! More power to us Bravada owners! :D I like the idea of an lt1, just too much $$ and you can get relative performance out of a newer vortec 350..

OldCarGuy85 - do you think if I went with a 350 ot of like a 90 or 92 full size pickup and carbed it id be able to pass emissions pretty easily down here?? just curious, thanks for the info, I feel much better about getting it to pass! :D :bigthumb:
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

One other thing, OldCarGuy, how did you do 2 cats?? are they like back to back, or do you have dual pipes and you have one on each??

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

sure u could do a 90-92 truck motor with a carb and have it pass no problem. i have dual exhuaust so i needed two cats.. what year is your truck? if it snewer u might have some more stringent smog laws.if u put it in and can;t get it tpo pass i think i know someone up in the piuttsburg area that can get u a sticker.. he's a member over on s-series.org

Jordan
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

I have a 1994 Truck.. and the engines im looking at are for "88-95 trucks" so im assumign that it would be able to pass.. but that sticker thing maybe be of interest to me, find out if you know anyone and let me know.. Thanks for all the imput!

Slow Ride
    just get a 95+ 350 Vortec and the computer. It should go in with little or no problems and will pass emissions with the exhaust you have on ther now. The rule in most states that have emissions is newer engine than the one it's replacing and that it has all the emissions junk on it that it would've had from the factory. Soi get the accesories off the front of the motor if they are different than the one on the 4.3, I doubt they will be but the donor might have an AIR pump or something. Don't Know???

well my 88 had an air pump...

a vortec motor with the FI and everything would be real nice, but it aint gonna be cheap
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

my buddys full size pickup dosen't have a air pump on it but the bracket is there to put one on it.

I've looked around, and I've found vortec 350's, complete, with under 30K miles for around $1500. That sounded decent to me.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

holy crap[ thats really cheap... where did u find ones for that cheap?
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

I got on junkyarddog.com. And just typed in what I wanted. I told them I was looking for a complete (computer, all accessories, etc) 95+ vortec 350. They email you back with what they find. There were a few places, I don't recall specifics offhand. They were from like 15-1800, and that usually included shipping. I used that site all the time. Its pretty good for finding some hard to find parts.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

DAMN ZZ you are my savior! lol im going to check that site out tonite, thank you very much!

By the way, ZZ, check out this website.. Someone posted it up on here the other day, its about a vortec 350 install into a S-series.. Didn't sound too much differnet than a normal 350 (the guy went a little far on some stuff it seemed) except for the fuel injection thing.. take a look and let me know what you think
    http://users.apex2000.net/whardie/index.html

FOR SALE - Gen II LT-I SBC, COMPLETE, LOW MILEAGE, HAVE COMPUTER & HARNESS, 10125327 BLOCK, CAST IRON HEADS, $1,600, dmills18@bellsouth.net 10/22/02

The link below is off mortec website. Check it out.

LT1 4-sale
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

yenko, how much do you know about an LT1 swap?? I've heard that they are considerably harder than a regular 350 yet still simpler than an LS1.. I'm just not sure that I want to go thru all the trouble of an LT1 if I can get the Vortec 350 for around the same price.. Have any info on this???