Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated!!!

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    yenko, how much do you know about an LT1 swap?? I've heard that they are considerably harder than a regular 350 yet still simpler than an LS1.. I'm just not sure that I want to go thru all the trouble of an LT1 if I can get the Vortec 350 for around the same price.. Have any info on this???
    Not much but I agree about the price. Specially if your not worry about horse power. Me personally, I'd go with the vortec cause of price and allot simpler(my .02 cents). To tell you the truth, I've read that there is allot of mod's you have to do and allot more know how involved in the conversion.

I guess I need to read up on the newer conversion motors though. I got so many irons in the fire right now, I don't know were to begin and when to start.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Vortecs are almost rated as high as the LT1's now aren't they? Power wise? I thought that most f body Lt1's were 275 hp, and the vortecs were around 265.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

I read somewhere that the vortecs were rated at 260HP which would be just fine by me to start off, but of course ill end up modding it eventually, but i just need to get one first! lol :bigthumb:
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Jasper Engines

Products

Warranty

36 MONTH/75,000 MILE NATIONWIDE WARRANTY

A Random Customer Testimonial On Jasper Remanufactured Products

Since 1976 we have been serving Burlington County New Jersey for automotive repairs. Our customer base is a loyal one, and over the years I have gotten many referrals from satisfied people. One thing that I have found is a customer wants me to advise them for their vehicle needs. When the need for extensive work such as an engine or transmission faces them, the last thing I want to see them do is spend money foolishly. We are all aware of cheap deals out there, but I have found that cheap is not always the best.

The point of this is when we install an engine the longest time we have the customer's car is one or two days. As for any after install problems, there are none. With Jasper we rarely find any problems. In the very few times that we have needed warranty assistance, Jasper was behind us 100%. When the customer drives the car from our shop, both he and I feel confident that there will be no problems related to the engine or transmission. This is what builds customer confidence.

In closing I would like to thank Jasper Engines and Transmissions for caring enough to make products that not only they stand behind, but I can as well.

Arthur Maugeri
    Owner/Operator
    Maugeri Automotive, Inc.
    Beverly, NJ
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

What all would come with a engine from them?? Everything id need (computer, wiring, fuel injection, etc..) or just a "long block"???

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Long block only. But it will have the oil pan, timing chain cover and valve covers on it already. You will have to get the rest of the bolt-on's yourself. But the thing that really get's my attention is that long warranty that they have. I have never seen a warranty that long for a aftermarket engine. The only down fall is your going to have to have a core or you will have to pay something like $200 if you don't have a core. In my opinion, $200 for a core charge is well worth the money cause you don't have to hunt down a old motor and worry about if its rebuildable. If they find it not rebuildable, they don't have to honor the core that you gave them. Then your stuck with that old junk motor and you still have to pay a core charge. Most of the time that does not happen. But with a 75,000miles/36 Months warranty. They better be manufacturing a damn good motor to be offering that kind of warranty. I guess the warranty speak's for itself. Well, good luck with your decession on what route you are going to take.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Slow Ride
    I had a Jasper engine in the '88 T/A I used to have. It was basically a factory rebuild and it worked good and was reliable. It was a pooch but that's cause it was a 305 TBI/700R4 in a heavy ass T/A. The only thing that made that car fun was the 4.10 rear and the wicked donuts I could do. If you find a crusty TBI motor then a Jasper engine is great cause you can use all the induction stuff off the old engine.

Jasper does sell performance engine. If I remember right, I seen a 300 horse engine for like $1800. That is a good deal if you ask me. That engine even had brand new world product heads on it. Not the best set of heads but good for the street and a 300 horse power motor.:bigthumb:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Got an email back from one of the places affiliated with the website that ZZ4 gave me, they have a 95 Vortec engine complete with computer for $1475 shipped to my house. The engine has about 53,000 miles on it.. How does this sound to everyone, or should I continue to look (im going to keep looking just in case...)

get a typhoon engine from rockfordracecraft.com

That's nowhere near an option and never will be 4x4.. I dont even want to think about a typhoon engine and the amount of $$$ it would cost, much rather have a 350 that is able to be more easily and cheaply modded...

id like to see the 350 swap when you get it done
    think it would fit into my truck?
    a 350 and the stock typhoon engine have about the same amount of horsepower i think dont they? about 300?

Why wouldn't it fit? And with the v8, you have much more potential. The Sy/Ty motor is a hopped up v6, and I think it was rated at 280 hp.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Got an email back from one of the places affiliated with the website that ZZ4 gave me, they have a 95 Vortec engine complete with computer for $1475 shipped to my house. The engine has about 53,000 miles on it.. How does this sound to everyone, or should I continue to look (im going to keep looking just in case...)

What do you think about that ZZ, Yenko, anyone else.. sound like a good deal??

Sounds like a good deal to me. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't see the motor before hand. Atleast to give it my own personal inspection
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear