Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Frustrated!!!

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Sounds like a good deal to me. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't see the motor before hand. Atleast to give it my own personal inspection
    I agree 100% with ZZ4Blazer. I like to see the product before I would buy it. Specially a motor and the computer. S/T Lover, I would say your best bet would be look at a swap meet in Carlisle, PA. Talk to BL(Mike) and see what he would say. He will probably tell you the same thing or talk to John. I just went to a swap meet (10/2/02 last Saturday) and seen a half dozen motor's for sale like your talking about.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Its hard to buy a used motor in any case because you dont know what you're getting. Personally, Ive never used a 'used' engine, all 9, (yes, 9) of my motors were all totally re-machined, new parts, and 100% fresh) Ive heard horror stories about people buying used motors and getting them shipped to their house... You're gambling with those deals in my opinion. Swap meets can be a great place to find killer deals, but unless you ripped the motor down a bit at the swap meet, theres still a chance you can get screwed... At the end of the swap meet that guy goes home to wherever and probably gone forever. When you get a reman block either from a place like Jasper or Recon, you have a contact point, a phone number, etc in case anything goes wrong. Just my experience...

I think in PA for a swap to be 100% legal, you have to have an engine equal or never than your Bravada.
    this is a test of the sig

:D After talking to John and Blazinberto last night, I've gotten a couple different ideas... 1) Berto has a close friend that is selling a 355 with 3000 miles on it completely redone for $1100.. I'm going to go look at this and if its worth it, its mine.. HAs everything needed to go drop right, all I'd plan on doing is getting the motor mounts, oil pan, and dropping down to a 600cfm carb (need better gas mileage).. Notice I said "Carb".. Which brings me to point #2) A way has been discovered, which I actually knew about for awhile and completely forgot about, where I dont have to worry about emissions.. :D.. After giving the used engine much though, my way of thinking went with ZZ4, Yenko, and BL.. I dont like the idea of not at least being able to see what im buying, and especially the guy I was dealing with wasn't giving me a straight answer, so I gave him the :finger: and said fuck it.. So now, as soon as berto gets back to me, I'm going to go take a look at this motor, hopefully John will accompany me, and see what it looks like.. I'd much rather by off someone I know than some third party over the net, especially for an entire engine. I've just got to be patient, and eventually I'll find what I'm looking for.. Being in a rush has never helped anyone get the best deal.. Plus, Carb'ed will be so much more of an easy and straight forward swap.. Also, don't I need something to regulate the fuel pressure, or increase the fuel pressure, since I'm going from fuel injected to carbed?? Thanks for all the imput guys, it is sincerely appreciated! :bigthumb: :bowdown:
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Yeah, I'll go. You'll need a pickup to tote the motor home anyways....

For fuel pressure, if you want to keep your intank pump, you will have to decrease the pressure with a regulator. Depending on the carb, you'll need around 6 psi. AND you have to make sure you have a return line. A return line usually will eliminate any vapor lock, and it keeps the pump cool. The pump will burn up relatively quick without a return line.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Slow Ride
    I say get the engine and swap a tbi intake on it and use your wiring harness. The electronic way is the only way to go for a daily driver that needs to be reliable in the winter and get good gas mileage.

Or do what I did, is just leave the pump in the tank, disconnect the relay, and just suck thru that pump and use a mechanical pump....

Last time I checked (about last year) brand new GM Goodwrench motor for about $1300, with a warranty. Dont know the HP ratings, but it will get you in the door, then over time you can mod it....
    this is a test of the sig

Mike, does that goodwrench motor come complete with everything, carb and all that stuff? is it basically ready to be dropped right into my truck? I'm still pretty interested in the engine from berto that only has 3000 miles on it.. but I want to be able to look at all my options...

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

whats tis special way o getting aroudn emissions u know of? i actualyl just failed emissions again.. ;passed visually but my CO level was too high.. so i got a waiver sticker cause i put 150 into repairs.. the guy siad if i keep it under 5k miles a year i can keep getting a waiver sticker.. so i am just gonna turn the numbers back on teh speedometer to like 1000 mile snext year... vvwhola ... i nevver need to worry about emissions again :)
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    special way = "whoops, I ran the wrong VIN on this non-V8'd Blazer... damnit"

hehe

I think that goodwrench motor is a longblock. Need intake, dist., accessories, water pump, etc. Although, you can use some of that stuff from your current 4.3.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

man go to goautocenter.com thay sell 100% brand new motors from gm .thay also sell the copmuters and every thing needed motor wise. iv got 2 motors from them and thay were the shit. heheh too bad i like the juice(300 shot) and fry them like crazy. buty a very very satisfid customer :bigthumb:
    Last edited by ssblazer; 10-31-2002 at 09:41 PM.
    the motor=383 with 4 bolt mains,scat steel stroker crank,je pistons,comp 294s solid lift cam,harland sharp rocker arms ,pete jackson gear drive,alum heads with port polish and flowed,port matched victor jr tall,750holly double pumper jetted and gutted,msd pro billet distributor,msd 6al ignition box,msd 8.5 plug wires and thats all powered by a holly "blue"fuel pump (flows120gph),1\2" alum fuel line from the tank to the regulator then to the carb, more shit but thats enuff for now....
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    17 cubic inches = one second drop???............... I think you must be planning a little bit more, but impressive numbers for a one legger.
    Originally posted by Catching Second
    A V8 in a good looking truck.... it's like giving 2 lesbians a couple dildos.

I'm gonna still take a look at this one berto's friend is selling.. as soon as he pm's me back :confused: