Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: somethings wrong w/ my drop

somethings wrong w/ my drop

just finished dropping my blazer and the front is much higher than the back.i took some pics but they aren't that great i'll post some better ones tomorrow. this is the BACK which i know i'm going to have to notch. on the way home all i felt was metal on metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - John F. Kennedy

here's the front. it's suppose to be a 5" drop all around. is there any thing i can do to fix it. heat the coils or cut them.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - John F. Kennedy

Give your coils a little while to break in and then the front will come down a little more.

I think most people usually go with a 1" more drop in the back to make it level out... like I see alot of people that go 3-4 or 4/5 or 5/6 so that the front and back are level... i know my truck could use a little more in the back to make it level.. but yours, it needs more drop in the front.. thats odd.. I'll have to agree with Blazin89 and say wait a bit while your coils settle down and hopefully they will begin to level out a bit
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Do you have complete pic of the truck?

Nate

someone gave you the wrong coils i have a 4 in drop and its a lot lower then that

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    if it sits more then an inch higher in front you'll most-likely need to do something other just waiting for them to break in.
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Banned
    i think that they gave you the wrong lenght coils cause that looks totally off and ive never known of any coils that would have to settle that far...

Pic isn't great but heres the whole blaze.
    - John F. Kennedy

If they don't settle, is there anything i can do with the coils i already have?
    - John F. Kennedy

Yeah, you got the wrong coil springs..you may have gotten the 1" coils..

The Blaz is looking good, though. Even with missed match drop. ;)

You could cut a coil off your current springs, or just take them out and send them back to who ever you bought them from and ask for 3" coils..or at least goto a shop and compare the coils to 3" coils.

Nate
    Last edited by Audiodogg; 10-28-2002 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks, my friend said he could heat them or cut them it was up to me. I just wanted to know which would be best. as much as i would like to i don't think i will change them.i'm in hawaii and it was hard getting that stuff here i really don't want to start over. i've come to far to turn back.
    - John F. Kennedy

that ain't even close to a five in drop how did u drop it spindles and springs right?
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

yeah
    - John F. Kennedy

Banned
    no no dont heat em up cause when ya do that.. it totally messes up the spring in em.. just have about a round cut out of it.. it should drop it around 2"s more.. im prety sure.. seems like thats what ive always heard anyways.. but i do know for sure heatin em up will mess any set of coils up as far as ride quality..