Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: somethings wrong w/ my drop

maybe they gave you coil springs with the wrong rating. what size engine do you have?

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - John F. Kennedy

First of all, that's a sweet ass truck man. But anyways, I'm gonna have to agree with what most of the guys on here are saying, and that's that they probably gave you 1" springs by mistake... either that or they gave you normal spindles instead of dropped ones, but I would really doubt that. I'd say just take em back to where you got them, or return them from where you ordered them from and get the right ones. You've obviously put a lot of time and $$$ into your truck so don't go fucking around with heating or cutting coils, and get it done right. Yeah you'll have to wait a while longer, but it's gonna be worth it in the end. Just my .02

I'd cut a coil off.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Audiodogg told me cutting 1 coil should give me 2 more inches.
    ??? the drivers side tie rod is against my rim would spacers help our would a wheel alignment fix that?
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - John F. Kennedy

the bottom coil support (control arm) that holds the spring has a grove it it that gets slightly lower at one end. make sure that the end of the spring is in the lowest point of the grove.
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

What size rims do you have on there? And what off set?

Nate

16x8 camaro rims. all i know is that the backspacing is 6.75".
    - John F. Kennedy