Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is involved when swapping a 4l60e to 700r4?

How much is involved when swapping a 4l60e to 700r4?

Any extra stuff I'm gonna need to change? I'll probably have a shop do it how long should it take?

No one knows come on guys I need a new tranny and can get a 700r4 cheap.

The 700R4 and 4L60E are both the same tranny except the 4L60E is electronic shift and the 700R4 uses a tv cable for shifting.
    you will have to get the proper throttle cable bracket so that you can get the tv cable to fit properly to shift right.I am not sure if there is any thing else you need though.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Which motor is in your blaze.....if its a throttle body motor you should be able to rob a bracket from a bone yard, and buy a new cable, your need a shift cable, and a detent or kickdown cable, that should be it......if your not cofident with tranny work I would definately let a shop do this.

Adjustment of the dentent and shift cable are very important, I wouldn't think that it would cost anymore than a an extra hr or hr and a half of labor more than a tranny swap.
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

There are three cables on the tbi motor that you need
    1.TV cable
    2.throttle cable
    3.Cruise control cable if you have it.
    you do not need a shift cable and a kickdown cable all you need is the TV cable which is sometimes called the kickdown cable.
    when you install the new tv cable you just have to put it in place and then step on the gas peddle to the floor and you will hear it click kind of like a ratchet sound then it is set,if it does not click it is not set.
    Last edited by slammins15; 11-19-2002 at 03:42 AM.

Ok, so excuse me, no offense meant, TV Cable, Detent Cable, kickdown cble, there all the same.....just different names, and the cable can be adjusted to shift at higher and lower RPM's other than stock

Hopefully your old LINKAGE from the shifter to the trans will work, if not, you might have to fab something, I don't know if the gear selector is the same and uses the same bracketry, but I have not done this I know thereotically they are the same casing, just different internals

I do know that there are stand alone computers out there for the 4L60E that way you wouldn't have to do the swap.....
    Last edited by tboz65; 11-04-2002 at 03:54 PM.
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

I've got a cpi motor and 4l60e. I want to swap to a 700r4 because I found a rebuilt one for a great price. My 4l60e is on it's death bed (slipping.) My mechanic said that the 4l60e has stronger internals. But the one I've found is a fresh performance rebuild. What do you guys think?

When I rebuilt my 700R4 I bought a box kit for it and it said 4L60 on the box so basically they are the same

Well guys I bought it. It's a performance rebuilt 700r4 borg warner seals and clutches corvette servo and other shit done too. What kind of torque converter should I get for this? What other parts do I need to buy?

DID you have a 2.8 in it before the out put shaft needs to be changed from the 4l60 to the 700r.
    4x4 blazer 350 365 hp-700r street/strip conversion,megashifter,sanderson headers,oil pan, mounts, Holley 650, dual plane INTAKE,ACCEL HEI,alum radiator, NEW PAINT CAMILLION BLUE/ SILVER SS STRIPES

No i've always had a 4.3 cpi motor. thanks for the reply though.

The bracket that holds the cruise and throttle cables at the front right (as viewed from the drivers seat) of the intake manifold already has a provision for the downshift cable. In 92 (the 1st year for the CPI) Chevy still went with the 700-R4. 93 and 94 saw a 4L60E but Chevy didn't see a need for changing the bracket. They just eliminated the cable. You'll need a TV cable from a 92 CPI Blazer ($25 at you local dealer). The bracket has a square hole for the cable already in it. You may or may not need to swap out your throtle shaft depending on what year your blazer is for a 92 model. This takes no more than 15 minutes with common hand tools.

my 92 has a 4l60e
    ________
    Children paxil
    Last edited by packofqtips; 04-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Is it a late 92? Maybe an option?

i dunno but its blown haha
    ________
    Cooking discussion
    Last edited by packofqtips; 04-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.