Thread: Full Length Headers

Full Length Headers

All you v8 people-

Who uses those Hooker Pro-Comp full length headers??? I know that one of the pipes wrap around the other side of the frame....Any clearance problems with the inside of the tire? How hard to put on??

Ive been using the shorty style Hedman headers and Im tired of them, always blowing out collector seal gaskets, plus the primary tubes are too small for the amount of HP im running...so anybody who uses full length lemme know what the deal is!
    this is a test of the sig

Had a problem with the headers hitting the motor mounts had to move the engine back about an inch. Seems they were meant to be used with the hooker v8 conversion kit. Had to move the engine back about an inch. After that they went on kinda nice and easy. Both sides rub against the tires but as long as you don't keep the wheel turned to long it should be fine.

Slow Ride

Header problems

I had to use 15x4 wheels with P205/70R15 tires to clear the tubes.

I also had to modify the header - the front tube on the passenger side now runs through the motor mount.

They also are leak prone at the joints.

Also be ready to cus and swear for a few DAYS to get them to fit right.

To see the clearance go to the picture gallery at:

http://www.90blazer.20m.com
    Last edited by Slow Ride; 10-29-2001 at 12:31 PM.

forget that, 15x4 rim!!! I solved my problem with the shorty headers ive been using, cut the floor out and rewelded it so the pipe doesnt hit, and used a donut instead of collector gasket...The interior of my truck has never been so quiet and smell not like gas!
    this is a test of the sig

The full length have a nice ringing sound that I can't get over. No problems with leaks at the joints that was fixed by the end of the first day. At the track I went from 13.102 to 12.9985 then the rear broke. I think if it hadn't of broke I could of gotten into the low 12.9s or high 12.8s. I'll find out this week or the next after I get the new locker in.