Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/4 time

I like mine w/ no shine! 89 Blaze's Avatar
    Yeah thats weird because I have beaten the ss s10's before on the track and the street. But maybe the guy just told him it was stock..?
    1989 S-10 Blazer 4x4
    6/6 drop, K&n intake, hollowed cat., vortex exhaust, turbo350 trans, shift kit, B&M ratchet shifter, new drive shaft, 17" rims, pirelli tires, God Father Customs bodykit, Auto Meter sport comp silver tach, cowl hood

Im not sure on the 1/8 t0 1/4 mile conversion to be sure what a 9.80 would be. I just know 9.0 flat is under 14, cause I've ran a 9.1 with a 14.03 1/4 mile.

Damn, I need to get back to the track.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

What do you have done to your zz4?
    1989 S-10 Blazer 4x4
    6/6 drop, K&n intake, hollowed cat., vortex exhaust, turbo350 trans, shift kit, B&M ratchet shifter, new drive shaft, 17" rims, pirelli tires, God Father Customs bodykit, Auto Meter sport comp silver tach, cowl hood

Just headers and underdrives. I don't have the right headers or big enough carb yet. So, I don't think Im at the 355 hp mark yet. GM got their hp and TQ numbers using 1 3/4' headers, and a 750 carb.

My 60 ft times were in the 2.XX, and my tranny was bad. Killing my top end. I think I could turn low 13's, maybe high 12's if I hook good, and shift high.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

What kind of tires are you running? How wide?
    My friend has a mustang running 14.0 and its basically stock. He has nitto drag radials (245/55/r16) when he heats them up they stick... He gets a nice launch off the line.
    1989 S-10 Blazer 4x4

I was running on BFG 275/50/15's. I haven't invested in any drag radials or slicks yet, cause I still had the peg leg rear. My posi now is about to go, but I have another thats about to go in.

My problem is my damn tranny. I need to figure whats giving me a driveline vibration at 70+ so I can get back to the track. That run was with a Th350 auto, and shifting about 5100. My truck feels so much faster with the 5 and now the 6 speed. Spinning it to redline, 5800, is much quicker.

I am running 245/40/18's right now. Truthfully, they hook way better than the wider BFG's. My truck skates with the BFG's on. I was running them for a week when I had a big screw in one of my 18's.

I plan on running some BFG drag radials, 275/50/15's, then later on as the hp and TQ increases, MT ET street slicks, 26X10.5
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

When was the last time your drive shaft was balanced? I had that same problem with my old driveshaft, vibration around 60 to 70, then after 70 it would stop. I had a bad universal and my driveshaft was out of balance due to a ding from a rock kicking up sometime during driving. I would look into that. Its cheap and easy to fix, a driveshaft is like 100 bucks. Oh and you will get some serious traction with street slicks. I know a guy that owns a mustang shop by my house and he has wrinkle walls on his stang and the tires wrinkle and then grip and throw the car foward and it throws you in the seat. If your not prepared for it you can probally get hurt my being a passenger in his car. Like whip lash or something.
    1989 S-10 Blazer 4x4

I had one cut and balanced when I installed my 6 speed. I had it balanced twice. I've had the vibration since I installed it. I gets worste the faster you go. By like 80, you can't even drive any faster.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

ZQ8 S-10
    the ss trucks have the spider intake. it had all stock internals. they ran 30 bottles through it in one summer. still running fine. it ran 9.80 on motor i think. when they put the shot on it they took the ac, powersteering, and the heatcore and all the heater stuff off. that was on a
    9 inch slick. 410 gear. it ran like 8.20s, maybe a little faster. don't be scared to spray a stock 4.3 125 shot, it would probably hold a 150 shot if you wanted to try it. all depends on your nitrous setup. My brother had a 2002 camaro z28, 150 nitrous express wet kit, 3800 converter, 3.73 gear, and ed wright tuning. it weight 3700 pounds with my brother in it. it ran 7.16 in the 1/8th spinning.
    Last edited by TLW; 11-18-2002 at 05:18 PM.