Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st gen 4.3 engines

1st gen 4.3 engines

what is so hot about 350's in s10's? you will always have troubles.:mad: and dangerous on wet streets.the 4.3 carb. moter is overlooked. the right cam voret heads ,edelbrook intake,and highcompression pistons make a necksnappin engine.:bigthumb:

I am going to pretend I didn't read that.
    '87 Jimmy, Caddy Deville tail lights, frenched lic plate, smoothie steel rollpan, phantom grill, 425 HP V8 conversion in the process and all the goodies to go with it
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/ogg2001

Re: 1st gen 4.3 engines

Originally posted by squeky673
    what is so hot about 350's in s10's? you will always have troubles.:mad: and dangerous on wet streets.the 4.3 carb. moter is overlooked. the right cam voret heads ,edelbrook intake,and highcompression pistons make a necksnappin engine.:bigthumb:
    first of all my 350 in my s10 is a tbi just like the stock 4.3 so I do not always have trouble with it. second I thought about beefing up my 4.3 until I started pricing it out and realized to make it have lots of power I would have to sell my truck to afford it.third wet streets are just as dangerous with a 350 or a done up 4.3 so what the difference there. And you will never get the great smallblock rumble from a 4.3 either.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Interesting first post.
    While I don't disagree that the 4.3 is a great engine and can be built to V8 power levels, you're going to spend a bunch to get there, and a lot more if the guy with the V8 is serious about going fast.

A 300HP built, probably high strung V6 or 300HP stock V8, which do you think is more of a handful on a wet road?

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the 4.3's, even my trouble prone CPI, and my asthmatic TBI.:D

As far as always having trouble, there are plenty of guys that have trouble free V8 S-trucks.
    '92 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI/auto, 2dr,2WD, 3/4 drop, 3.73's w/zexel. Bodywork in progress, LT1/6spd getting dusty.
    '94 Blazer w/GMC superiority complex, 4.3 TBI/5 spd, 4dr,4WD, 255/55/18's, fresh blue/black metallic.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low
    I keep mine nice and lubed with anti-sieze and it helps out alot...
    :D

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    Originally posted by ogg2001
    I am going to pretend I didn't read that.
    im in the same boat with ya on that one
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

uhh . . . okay that was an intresting post . . .

The Latino of Blazinlow Latino9658's Avatar
    thats the kind of post u don't want to post. espescillay for a new guy. also i suck at spelling so u can't make fun of me.

squeky673, you got balls dude. even though I'd like to pretend you never made that comment... for a first post... YOU'VE GOT HUGE BALLS :)
    My Blazer is For Sale!!!

go Here -> http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17343

Since a 350 is cheaper then beefing up the stock 4.3, about how much would it cost to have a 350 put into your truck. I don't have the automotive skills to do these kind of things and I wanted to beef up my 4.3 but its not worth it because I already got 150,000 miles on it and to truly fix it up like I would like I would have to have the engine rebuilt. Basically, my question is about how much would it run to have a 4.3 rebuilt and beefed up and about how much would it run to have a 350 put into my truck? Also, would I loose anything with the 350? For example AC, my digital dash, etc.... (I live in Florida and the AC is necessary)

i wouldnt waste my time changing motors unless i was upgrading to a 454 or a 502 vortec or something that would definitely whoop ass cause with everyone getting 305's and 350's or 327's a good BB blaze is hard to find and would be even harder to beat:) just my opinion though
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

Slow Ride

Re: 1st gen 4.3 engines

Originally posted by squeky673
    I have a question for you. Have you ever riden in anything faster than your momma's mini van? There is no substitute for cubic inches/ no replacement for displacement. Horsepower sells cars, TORQUE wins races.

Re: Re: 1st gen 4.3 engines

Originally posted by knudsonm

I have a question for you. Have you ever riden in anything faster than your momma's mini van? There is no substitute for cubic inches/ no replacement for displacement. Horsepower sells cars, TORQUE wins races.
    :)
    I like that. I do agree with all of you V8 lovers, there is no replacement for displacement. I love riding in anything V8 powered, but my Blazer, sadly, wont be seeing one.
    Fall In

im happy with my 4.3
    http://community.webshots.com/album/54233387pggAWW
    i have edlebrock intake manifold,500cfm performer carb,pro flo filter, and headmen full length headers, next is cam, then heads and performance rebuild
    i beat most ricers!!!hhahhahah

squeky673 you better duck if you post somethin like that around here.
    :gunfire:--- :gunfire:--- :gunfire:---
    a 4.3 is ok but you coulda had a V8
    Originally posted by squeky673 what is so hot about 350's in s10's? you will always have troubles. and dangerous on wet streets
    ....A DANGEROUS V8!!.. where?.. I wanna ride... er ahhh, I mean I wanna DRIVE... :eek:
    Last edited by LowKat; 11-09-2002 at 06:58 AM.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

O.K., O.K.

give the "rookie" a break :punch: ...
    got to admit he's go some big one's :rofl:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah