Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st gen 4.3 engines

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    Get some knudsonm!!!! :bigthumb:

:rofl:

later,
    myk

knudsonm. got a job?

Slow Ride
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?

squeky673, within 10 posts you've managed to make yourself out to be a complete ass. I realize my post will probably be edited. But if you're going to make claims that you can't backup, don't expect to not get flamed a bit.

But when you deliberately, and personally, attack a fellow blazinlow member. I think you've pushed the issue too far.

my .02 cents worth.

myk

so just ingore smartass remarks . thanks

Slow Ride
    Originally posted by squeky673
    knudsonm. got a job?
    To answer your question at this moment no. If you read my profile you will see i am an unemployed mechanical engineer. Corporate downsizing sucks. I did have a very nice interview last week though. Thanks for asking:finger: The interview was 6 hours long and I am still the front runner for the position. They should be making a decision next week.

Although me having gainful employment is completely irrelevant to the conversation we were having as to the wonders of installing a v8 into a s-series. You can build a high strung v6 that makes gobs of HP but like the old saying goes Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races.

Good Luck on getting the job knudsonm!

Squeky - whats the problem man? Im not flaming you but if you dont shape up, SHIP OUT. Nobody on here has a problem with you, or didnt until you talked trash to others who were simply asking how you managed to do what you did with as little money as you've fronted.... dont get me wrong, If I had your v6 and was able to do everything you did for the money, i would have done it too. Everyone else on here is simply saying you dont have a V8 and wouldnt know true power till you have one... and thats fine. If you'd like to race anyone on here with your built engine against somebody else's 350, bring it on. peace.
    My Blazer is For Sale!!!

go Here -> http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17343

The Latino of Blazinlow Latino9658's Avatar
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.3 s fuckin rule thats all im sayin

ti28, which is why you have a 350 in yours right?

:)

myk

Re: Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races

What exactly does this mean? That, all things being equal, if I had a 300 hp 4.3 and a 300 hp 5.7 that the 5.7 would win? Does it have to do with how the motor revs.? Please clear this up.

Also, I have a 4.3 that I think is pushing numbers somewhere in the neighborhood of 275 hp and it was kind of expensive to get there, but not that much more expensive than the 350. I also think that the Vortec intake, although sometimes problematic, looks really good under the hood.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ok we were really comparing haveing a 300 horse v8 to a 300 horse 4.3, and i guarentee the 4.3 spent double the money if they have the same quality parts b/c im going to be in the neighbor hood of 300 for under 2500 bucks and thats a 350 and i guarentee a 4.3 couldnt push that for 2500 and taht price includes purchasing my motor. thats the point we were making, no one ever flamed a 4.3 but from a performance stand point, it is lacking, if it was the greatest engine ever chevy would have canceled the v8s a long time ago. but the whole price to performance the v8 is going to win sorry guys. but the 4.3's arent the shit

price to proformance with a v8 winning is only if ur smart enough to do the install urself, if not ur paying someone else to have to worry about fitting it in there, headers, strenghtening the frame, etc. and i've helped one of my friends put a 350 in his s10 truck and after he was done he sold the truck purely because he put all that money and work into it and it still didnt perform miracles like everyone says it does.... he had a cam, vortec heads, edelbrock intake and carb(unsure of cfm) and 3 in. exhaust running through daul flows, and it ran good but not what he was expecting for the money and trouble, and he had to sell it for like 100 bucks over what he had in the engine and hell it had new wheels and tires, seats had been redone, sony explod cd, 2 10" sony's x's and new white paint it looked as good as it ran but he said its the last v8 he'll ever fuck with:)
    http://groups.msn.com/ExoticCustoms

this link is for my truck club, feel free to join the site is still being built but most of it is up and running.

http://www.exoticustoms.8m.com

muhahahahahaha(evil laugh):D
    check this link out:)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sierranaked.jpg/

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    well do you think doing the same thing to a v6 will get you better results, if you dotn know what your doing to an engine and apperntly he couldnt do it by himself so he needed help wiht the install. You will have the same probs with a build v6 that you do with a built v8. a fucking engine is an engine especially when its pretty much the same engine its just the v8 has two extra cylinders. and back to the subject if you can build a damn v6 and put it in you can do the same with a v8 so in the end the v8 will get more power for your buck

ps. i have a 26 year old v8 and turbo 350 trans (76 nova) and it will stomp a 91 4.3 blaze. :bigthumb:
    Last edited by supernova; 11-11-2002 at 03:00 PM.